• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
nooooooo - no.

I have an appointment on Friday morning. I'll tell the doc I already got a first opinion online - He may need to call you to consult.

that sounds more like jumper's knee than a meniscus thing tbh..

Sports board is fine you just have to bring the thunder

that sounds more like jumper's knee than a meniscus thing tbh..

yes! My extensive Googling brought me to this as well. I was reading up on torn meniscus and that doesn't sound like what I'm feeling.

The shitty thing is I actually fucking hate running but I feel like it's the best activity for me because I want to get the most out of an hour's worth of cardio and I want to be outside. Maybe I secretly love running I don't know....I do know that my ass is not built for a bike seat.

Has anyone here ever used a rowing machine much? I have been thinking about getting one.

NCAA insider Grimace is a great trillballins brand.

I realize the sentence above makes no sense to many here

Yeah his shtick is as old as the Government's misuse of our funds but in this case he happens to be right. I remember when Manning was hired (and ever since) he commented that we would "hang out hat on defense". Only thing is the hat is a dunce cap. It should be obvious to him by now that whatever he is teaching is not getting through to the players or else is just plain wrong.

huge fan of this post

Well he said it outright he is a nut, specializing in sports

i wonder if it is my optimist soccer coach, dave nutt

Has anyone here ever used a rowing machine much? I have been thinking about getting one.

i did for quite a while; it was a good workout. did it at the gym, though; not sure i'd buy one because it required quite a bit of self motivation which is why i dropped it when my gym going routine started to falter

re rj's grades: I haven't seen that kind of athlete grade inflation since packpride leaked Julius Peppers' transcript.

I use it all the time, but usually as part of a circuit. I'll do 500 m in under two minutes, some other stuff, then do it again. I can't sit there and pace myself to row for ten or fifteen minutes without losing my mind. If I had one in my basement without a bunch of other equipment it probably wouldn't get much use.

I've seen trainers have their "clients" row 300 m as part of a circuit.

yes! My extensive Googling brought me to this as well. I was reading up on torn meniscus and that doesn't sound like what I'm feeling.

The shitty thing is I actually fucking hate running but I feel like it's the best activity for me because I want to get the most out of an hour's worth of cardio and I want to be outside. Maybe I secretly love running I don't know....I do know that my ass is not built for a bike seat.

lol this sounds like me, I hate running but want to like it so much because 1) ur outside and 2) best payoff cardio-wise.

I have a pretty nice one I inherited from df2009 until he moves back east and has the space for it again, and it's ok. It's a great workout but kinda sucks in that it's harder to zone out (for me at least) because you have to worry about your form and it's also just really boring. When I give it back to him I'm not planning on getting one to replace it, probably gonna get a nice bike trainer instead or something.

I use it all the time, but usually as part of a circuit. I'll do 500 m in under two minutes, some other stuff, then do it again. I can't sit there and pace myself to row for ten or fifteen minutes without losing my mind. If I had one in my basement without a bunch of other equipment it probably wouldn't get much use.

I've seen trainers have their "clients" row 300 m as part of a circuit.

Right, these days it's really hard for me to sit down and row a 10k or 5k, and I've even got a TV right in front of it. I wouldn't mind doing short stuff on it as part of a circuit at the gym.

i bought a road bike because I also hate, hate running and it's a lot more fun. it's just expensive.

So my work 401k has a guaranteed interest account that has a floor of 3%. Risk-Free. Would you young-ins take that, or go something more aggressive in the stock market? I mean you're getting like .1-.5% in this market, risk-free, so kinda hard to pass up.

If you are youngish, you should never take that, unless your other options are just terribad. Any reasonably low fee stock market index fund would be better. If you were an old it would be different.

If you are youngish, you should never take that, unless your other options are just terribad. Any reasonably low fee stock market index fund would be better. If you were an old it would be different.

I guess I just think the stock market is a house of cards, but I guess I could just insta-switch at the first sign of trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back