• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly available at the library !?

Yet, we've occupied a piece of land built a building and filled it up with bound books.

And meeting spaces and computers and free WiFi and study rooms and children’s play areas and after school activities and summer reading programs and expert speakers and movie activities.

Libraries are pretty damn cool and an efficient way to spend taxpayer dollars.

the patriot has its own smoking hot monica!

o.jpg

Biff!

And meeting spaces and computers and free WiFi and study rooms and children’s play areas and after school activities and summer reading programs and expert speakers and movie activities.

Libraries are pretty damn cool and an efficient way to spend taxpayer dollars.

Imagine how much more efficient they would be without all those stacks of books. I'm not arguing against civic meeting areas, but the library of 100 years ago is only barely applicable to uses today.

A few years ago I needed a WiFi connection in Elizabeth City, which has no Starbucks. I went to the library, built in 2007. The computer room was completely full with people using those terminals to read news, look for jobs, who know what else. Meanwhile, there was nothing going on in the stacks.

Meanwhile, Pasquotank County has built another branch in Camden in 2013, and filled it up with books.

Mecklenburg County just spent $8,017,000 to renovate the Morrison Branch. The last time I was in there was for early voting.

Huh ?

Do you even know the difference between a DVR and a DVD ?

Nah. Probably the ones we already knew were idiots.

Have you seen it? There is some next level sh!t. Having said that in this new trump order... people will ignore some amazing stuff in the name of party.

Mecklenburg County just spent $8,017,000 to renovate the Morrison Branch. The last time I was in there was for early voting.

so you're angry that you don't use the things you pay for? who's fault is that?

argh, i'm so mad at myself for buying this hot tub !

Have you seen it? There is some next level sh!t. Having said that in this new trump order... people will ignore some amazing stuff in the name of party.

More to ph's point, I haven't heard of anybody whose political career the show has actually ruined yet (though I know we're only through two eps). The guy I assume you're referring to just lost his primary anyway, and folks like Cheney, Palin, and Roy Jones aren't going to be running for office again any time soon. The Arpaio segment should be interesting, though.

if you don't feel like watching it, this happens:

The segment concludes with Spencer learning how to “intimidate” a terrorist with the prospect of homosexuality—by pulling his pants down and running at Baron Cohen, butt-first.[/quote}

so you're angry that you don't use the things you pay for? who's fault is that?

argh, i'm so mad at myself for buying this hot tub !

I don't need the services a library offers. I need more parks and playing fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back