• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super loose BH day. AC is broke and the part they need is unavailable anywhere so they have to manufacture it in Mexico and I’ll probably be without AC upstairs (where the bedrooms are) for two weeks.

I hope today is super tight BH for you.

Framers coming by this morning to start work on finishing our basement.

I got a new job last month that has me working from home (when I'm not on the road)... Have been working out of guest room on main floor, which is tough with a 2 & 4 year old (and another on the way in September).

Will be nice to have my own space away from everyone to post on the boards (and maybe do some work, too).

I know that feel man. I WFH and it’s usually really sweet but summers are tough with wife and kids out of school/daycare. I can’t fucking wait for school to start back.

lbE, whatever I (or HeavyPetter) got you for your last wedding that I assume you didn't return is now your gift for this wedding. Sorry to miss it !

actually, by the time wedding comes it'll be almost a month.

her husband passed away earlier this spring so it's part good for her and part good for us- she's a big part of the kids' childcare plan for this summer, and she's been great. I'm just tired of pants/being a lazy slob for a little while each day.

That's legit. I'll allow it. (Since my opinion is very important)

I had a nightmare flashback from my sister in laws wedding. My wife's parents were "preparing" for that wedding by staying with us (not the daughter getting married) multiple times per month and several days each visit (weekends and weekdays - they just told us when they were arriving) for the entire year leading up to it. Talk about overstaying your welcome.

I can't imagine having parents that are so unaware or not being able to have a direct conversation with them to resolve something.

It was a strange situation. My wife did not want to rock the boat during that particular time for a number of reasons. Including being prego. I thought it was her responsibility to deal with the situation so I was not the a hole son in law. I will say they later realized they asked way too much. I'll also say our daughter enjoyed having them a lot.

the patriot has its own smoking hot monica!

o.jpg

Biff!

I’m down with RJ but Sokolove is a damn treasure.

Framers coming by this morning to start work on finishing our basement.

I got a new job last month that has me working from home (when I'm not on the road)... Have been working out of guest room on main floor, which is tough with a 2 & 4 year old (and another on the way in September).

Will be nice to have my own space away from everyone to post on the boards (and maybe do some work, too).

Do you think your kids won't be able to find you in the basement?

That's legit. I'll allow it. (Since my opinion is very important)

I had a nightmare flashback from my sister in laws wedding. My wife's parents were "preparing" for that wedding by staying with us (not the daughter getting married) multiple times per month and several days each visit (weekends and weekdays - they just told us when they were arriving) for the entire year leading up to it. Talk about overstaying your welcome.

yeeeeeesh. This was definitely planned, so certainly nothing like that. I can't imagine.

I can't imagine having parents that are so unaware or not being able to have a direct conversation with them to resolve something.

likewise. I mean, that's kind of how I feel about adults in general, but especially family. Gotta be able to be real with those folks.

What is it with Asian women paired up with dorky ugly white guys?

You see it everywhere

Reactions: ITK
What is it with Asian women paired up with dorky ugly white guys?

You see it everywhere

Supply and demand.

I lived in Japan for a year. I'm over the Asian thing. But all my white nerd bros are still hot on the trail.

DF07 is probably into it. Otaku as fuk.

yeeeeeesh. This was definitely planned, so certainly nothing like that. I can't imagine.

likewise. I mean, that's kind of how I feel about adults in general, but especially family. Gotta be able to be real with those folks.
Bad news, leebs, you're an adult. And once you get married, you're at serious risk to become ASM;BC

Do you think your kids won't be able to find you in the basement?

The difference is that I’ll be on a different floor than the one they spend most of their time on.

Right now they come charging into the room to say good morning (which would be great if I weren’t on a webcast from 715-8am everyday). Then they bang on the door to tell me about breakfast. Or to play a game. Or do a puzzle.

Honestly, it’s kind of “out of sight, out of mind” for them at this age.

The difference is that I’ll be on a different floor than the one they spend most of their time on.

Right now they come charging into the room to say good morning (which would be great if I weren’t on a webcast from 715-8am everyday). Then they bang on the door to tell me about breakfast. Or to play a game. Or do a puzzle.

Honestly, it’s kind of “out of sight, out of mind” for them at this age.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back