• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
good on him for publicly voicing his ego-driven political views with a letter to the editor

i'm sure his letter will be the beginning of a productive dialogue and will in no way simply reify the attitudes of pro- and anti-Trump supporters

good on him for publicly voicing his ego-driven political views with a letter to the editor

i'm sure his letter will be the beginning of a productive dialogue and will in no way simply reify the attitudes of pro- and anti-Trump supporters

Don't you lecture anybody about what someone else believes. People believe what I believe they believe and shame on your for challenging my beliefs.

I'm sure the staff were like, "ooooh put this one in! this one! it's GOLD!"

I would like to respond to not only the April 23 letter “Hard to believe,” but also so many others that spew falsities of the Trump presidency. None of these writers ever want to give credit where it is due. Look at the turning tide of the North Korea negotiations, which should lead to a Trump Nobel Peace Prize! Three other presidents passed this buck on down the road before Trump took the bull by the horns and stood up to “Rocketman.”

Trump is far more America First than our previous president and far more religious, so I don’t want to be lectured on what he believes nor what I am supposed to believe as a Christian. I still remember our previous president espousing the credentials and views of his former pastor, that anti-Semitic Jeremiah Wright, who he finally had to disavow.

If people turned their backs on anybody in the 2016 election, it was Hillary Clinton and all of her prior misgivings. It has been said by her in all of her excuse-making that women voted for Trump because their husbands “made them.” Their husbands didn’t convince them to vote for Trump, Bill Clinton’s wife did!

So as we head to the mid-term elections, remember how well off our pocketbooks are now because of Donald Trump and how much better off we are because Clinton is not our president! Remember how much better off we are because we have a president now standing up for America.

Mediocre insurance salesman
Winston-Salem, NC

signing a letter as "Mediocre insurance salesman" can't be good for business

Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw:I would like to respond to not only the April 23 letter “Hard to believe,” but also so many others that spew falsities of the Trump presidency. None of these writers ever want to give credit where it is due. Look at the turning tide of the North Korea negotiations, which should lead to a Trump Nobel Peace Prize! Three other presidents passed this buck on down the road before Trump took the bull by the horns and stood up to “Rocketman.”

Trump is far more America First than our previous president and far more religious, so I don’t want to be lectured on what he believes nor what I am supposed to believe as a Christian. I still remember our previous president espousing the credentials and views of his former pastor, that anti-Semitic Jeremiah Wright, who he finally had to disavow.

If people turned their backs on anybody in the 2016 election, it was Hillary Clinton and all of her prior misgivings. It has been said by her in all of her excuse-making that women voted for Trump because their husbands “made them.” Their husbands didn’t convince them to vote for Trump, Bill Clinton’s wife did!

So as we head to the mid-term elections, remember how well off our pocketbooks are now because of Donald Trump and how much better off we are because Clinton is not our president! Remember how much better off we are because we have a president now standing up for America.

Mediocre insurance salesman
Winston-Salem, NC

Fixed it for thereff, who never properly cites his sources

neighbors hosted a massive cinco de mayo party.

1. tequila.
2. tequila hangovers.... oof.
3. helped them make a shitload of tamales yesterday with the leftover carnitas and they are DELICIOUS.

also, ITK, sounds like that waitress wants in (or she's trying to make you feel extra special and noticed so you tip well and come back).

we had the 3rd annual cinco de mendo party at our farm. needless to say it was awesome and weird. hung on the russian river on our way back to the city sunday. if i actually had any work these days monday would have sucked.

Alright alright alright, app submitted for Angela Davis papers gig -- though I'm not sure that is exactly what I'd be working on, it's just that it's a two year appointment that ends in 2020, when Davis' papers are scheduled to made available for research, so I used that Wake education to put two and two together and ... anyway, I eagerly await hearing nothing until I check the app status two months from now and see I didn't get it.

Maybe I can find a nighttime library supervisor gig in Santa Cruz and just chill on the beach and listen to Dead jamz all day before work and after and ride the roller coaster. Sometimes I think I could be a California guy and sometimes I don't.

Jesus that Reff letter is brutal. When I searched yesterday I saw one from January, too, or some time earlier -- not much better.

Reminds me of the time my grandfather sent a similar letter to our dear old Journal of record. He has the same name as my father, but didn't distinguish the Jr./III. My dad got some shit from some friends about that one. He was recounting the story to my grandfather, who looked all proud, and asked "what did they say?" My dad leans in, and goes, "they asked me if I was the same dumbass motherfucker who wrote that letter to the editor." That shut him up, or he pretended not to hear, or whatever. RIP Grandpa Chupe.

Never been, but understand Santa Cruz to be a pretty interesting place. The university is very much on an island, ideologically speaking, within town: very progressive while the rest of the city is a lot of wealthy libertarian types.

We clung pretty closely to the main drag and hung out on the boardwalk, and I saw a lot of working class types there, but I guess that's not a surprise -- same kind of people one mostly sees at the NC State Fair. We went maybe a mile up into the hills and I only saw some relatively modest houses, but one place where we ate lunch seemed a little richer/Cali libertarian-esque/plastic. The couple giving us the tour went to school there and both loved it (they were moving from San Francisco in the following couple of months), one was a teacher and one a lab dude who did a lot of Tai Chi. They seemed cool, but I think they were saying similar things about the demographics. It is pretty sweet to have the beach and then a huge Redwood forest with hiking and shit a few miles away.

we were looking at doing a housing project for homeless people out there; the homeless numbers out there are bananas

My mom's all about it. I was watching a show a couple of years ago and a character was doing Tai Chi. I just copied a couple of the opening moves -- it was like a step to the side, then a slight bend -- and I already felt more at peace and less stressed, it was kind of weird. I should do some more moves and achieve a calm zen bliss. I don't want to be one of those guys doing out in the open at a park though, that's what this guy did.

I'm still fairly hungover from the Derby.

I can't ever party that hard again. Which I guess was the whole point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back