• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomatoes are probably the produce where I notice the biggest difference between locally grown stuff and what you get from the store; store-bought tomatoes around here are tasteless

had some strawberries at the community garden last week and gotdam they were great -- the difference between local and store is almost as great as tomatoes

Yeah, home-grown tomatoes or farmers market is the way to go.

Year round strawberries is a waste of resources and contributing to climate change. They taste like shit, just leave them in California in February and I'll wait to get some local ones when they taste good.

Townie is willing to stick to his guns for a long time because he generally only gets into protracted arguments about topics he's well versed on, as opposed to SOME OTHER posters. He's also not afraid to make it personal, which I like.

I'm an idiot who talks good. rj is just an idiot.

You don't get to be the host of your own show, Talkin Fruit, by just entertaining every and any discussion about fruit.

Lately our office fruit delivery has had some really bad kiwis.

That was Talkin' Fruit w Townie.

I like kiwi, but I've probably bought them at the store fewer than five times in my life

I think it's a marketing problem

Last edited:
apparently the mangoes we get in the US are the equivalent to Red Delicious. the good shit doesn't make it over.

for those who have been, if you could only do a single day trip from seattle, would you choose mt ranier or olympic national park?

I've been to Mt Rainier but not Olympic. Rainier is a lot of fun for a couple of days if you're not doing any serious hikes. They had record low snowfall they summer I went so the water wasn't rushing as much as it normally would.

Given a choice, I'd go to the San Juan Islands over Mt Rainier.

Can also recommend hanging out on Vashon Island if you really want to take it easy but be just a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle.

Juice is off his meds again !

apparently the mangoes we get in the US are the equivalent to Red Delicious. the good shit doesn't make it over.

This makes sense. Every time I've ever had a mango dish (or just the fruit) in the Caribbean I've loved it, but the ones at the grocery store are pretty garbage.

Also, I hear kiwi is supposed to be really good for your gut. Considering mine is always out of whack, and I never eat kiwi, I might try eating a one a day and see what happens.

How did i make it to my 40s before i knew that the best way to get the kiwi fruit out of its skin is a small mix machine beater. Mind blown.

coworker eats kiwis right through the skin like a peach; this is a bridge too far for me

also, the honey mango is objectively the most delicious fruit on the planet and don't @ me

our latest dog walker sucks

gotta find a new one

she seemingly can't figure out the app so we never know if the dog has actually been walked

our latest dog walker sucks

gotta find a new one

she seemingly can't figure out the app so we never know if the dog has actually been walked

Rover? we had a good one but she stopped doing the updates for some reason. If i never had the app, i wouldn't have even considered worrying about her completing the walks but when its there and they don't check in, i'm worried about it.

thanks, technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back