• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those who have been, if you could only do a single day trip from seattle, would you choose mt ranier or olympic national park?

Hard to go wrong; I'd probably do Olympic, though.
Too bad Goat Rocks is a little beyond reach for a day trip - that would be my top rec.

Rover? we had a good one but she stopped doing the updates for some reason. If i never had the app, i wouldn't have even considered worrying about her completing the walks but when its there and they don't check in, i'm worried about it.

thanks, technology

yea exactly

though i feel like if the app isn't working how hard is it to just text us with pics

Too bad Goat Rocks is a little beyond reach for a day trip - that would be my top rec.

same question in portland? day trip for hiking?

One thing I've learned from Ph is that when you say some dumb shit you can really dig in your heels on a periphery point and not look like you've lost an argument, or at least distract people from that conclusion. I have added this to my personal arguing repertoire, both online and IRL.

That was a compliment btw.

According to this week's Alternatino, that's a successful pivot.

I like kiwi, but I've probably bought them at the store fewer than five times in my life

I think it's a marketing problem

Kiwis are a tough sell to people who don't know them. It's not an unappealing exterior and then it's an unnatural neon green on the inside.

apparently the mangoes we get in the US are the equivalent to Red Delicious. the good shit doesn't make it over.

Yeah. Never liked mangoes growing up because of the awful aftertaste. Then I had some in PR that were amazing. The only mangoes I eat now are from my in-laws' yard in Miami.

same question in portland? day trip for hiking?

Somewhere in the gorge. What time of year? Mid-week or weekend? What drive time do you consider as putting something within the range of a day trip? How long/strenuous of a hike do you want?

Somewhere in the gorge. What time of year? Mid-week or weekend? What drive time do you consider as putting something within the range of a day trip? How long/strenuous of a hike do you want?

It'll be next week, haven't picked the day, but somewhere from the 5th-9th. We'll probably drive a couple hours from Seattle to wherever we go, or take the ferry to Olympic Peninsula, and I'd do the same in Portland. We could do a strenuous hike, like the views. Nothing too technical but hills are cool.

We did a hike in France outside St Remy de Provence that was labeled "moderate" that had us going down a ladder on a sheer rock face in a cave for like 40 feet with a 100+ foot drop that was way "harder" than lots of the big climbs I've done on steep hikes. Not looking for any of that shit again.

It'll be next week, haven't picked the day, but somewhere from the 5th-9th. We'll probably drive a couple hours from Seattle to wherever we go, or take the ferry to Olympic Peninsula, and I'd do the same in Portland. We could do a strenuous hike, like the views. Nothing too technical but hills are cool.

We did a hike in France outside St Remy de Provence that was labeled "moderate" that had us going down a ladder on a sheer rock face in a cave for like 40 feet with a 100+ foot drop that was way "harder" than lots of the big climbs I've done on steep hikes. Not looking for any of that shit again.

yeah.... there will be none of that.
I'll shoot you a PM with some recs.

Do you have restaurants (or at least suggestions) figured out?

I don’t know any of these places, but Goat Rocks is the coolest name for a place. Goat Rocks. Just say it. I gotta get there one day. Goat Rocks.

Rover? we had a good one but she stopped doing the updates for some reason. If i never had the app, i wouldn't have even considered worrying about her completing the walks but when its there and they don't check in, i'm worried about it.

thanks, technology

We have this issue with the app for our daycare. I wouldn’t have ever thought to worry about his feeding changing schedule when at daycare until you stop logging it in.

We have this issue with the app for our daycare. I wouldn’t have ever thought to worry about his feeding changing schedule when at daycare until you stop logging it in.

big bro said theirs just started a new system with Amber-alert like news flashes for TOILET ALERT UPDATE. ...then it says things like SAT ON POTTY - DRY.
I seriously hope they're doing this when BabyGirl is being watched; it's hilarious.

big bro said theirs just started a new system with Amber-alert like news flashes for TOILET ALERT UPDATE. ...then it says things like SAT ON POTTY - DRY.
I seriously hope they're doing this when BabyGirl is being watched; it's hilarious.

I turned off the push notifications before we even sent him there.

This is going to be a #notsohumblebrag and I don't give a shit. I will have earned this brag.

I was making a few stops today and drove by the park where we played ball. I realize that WHEN I play in a full court game in 2020, it will be my EIGHTH decade of playing in at least one full court basketball game. It started in elementary school in the 50s.

And if I'm still around and ambulatory in 2030, I'll go for my NINTH decade.

Fuck yeah!

our latest dog walker sucks

gotta find a new one

she seemingly can't figure out the app so we never know if the dog has actually been walked

I don’t know if they have walkers in your area, but if they do, highly recommend Atlas Dog House. Text Danny at 207-415-8668

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back