• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i tried to get off it for a while but between kid/moving it's just to easy to jam some cereal

I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about my parents' litany of un-serious health issues

I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about my parents' litany of un-serious health issues

My in laws talk about food/meals they have had and the medical issues they and their friends are having. Almost nothing else.

Harp is a great one. There are other rare instruments that few play but harp just reeks of snobby.

Overnight oatmeal with blueberries, a hard boiled egg and coffee every weekday.

To be honest, most of my group dinners out at some point devolve into talking about other restaurants we've eaten at. I think its natural.

Otherwise its a combination of recent/upcoming vacations and kids/dogs with some job talk thrown in.

No weather.

When they return from a trip they stay at our place. They don't talk about how beautiful or interesting Italy was. They discuss, in detail, everything they ate. For instance their tour bus friends each buy something (wine, cheese etc) and they provide every detail about the ride on the bus sharing the food drink. Do they talk while eating? No clue.

better than visiting my in-laws. all my MIL wants to talk about with my wife is the various parties and weddings they've attended/thrown and gossip about people's houses, adult children, etc.

Harp is a great one. There are other rare instruments that few play but harp just reeks of snobby.

I think oboe is snobbier, mostly because all those Duggar kids play the harp and it comes across less as snobby and more as pious/lame (not that pious = lame).
Oboe, OTOH...

Cello is definitely not snobby.

I bought pumpkin spice mini wheats. Will report back on how that goes.

I think oboe is snobbier, mostly because all those Duggar kids play the harp and it comes across less as snobby and more as pious/lame (not that pious = lame).
Oboe, OTOH...

Cello is definitely not snobby.

I only ever picture the harp being played in like an art gallery or in the parlor of some mansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back