• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
was in the grocery store and that Five for Fighting Superman song was on

gotta be the whiniest song ever recorded, good god

Back to fruit. I just had a plum from the break room. I've determined they're basically just oversized grapes with seeds. Pretty tasty, though.

There’s an excellent Italian restaurant by us that has a seasonal fig and prosciutto bruschetta that is unreal. Really changed my perspective on figs. It’s got whipped goat cheese, fresh figs, a little honey drizzle and prosciutto. So great.

There’s an excellent Italian restaurant by us that has a seasonal fig and prosciutto bruschetta that is unreal. Really changed my perspective on figs. It’s got whipped goat cheese, fresh figs, a little honey drizzle and prosciutto. So great.

This sounds incredible.

Goat cheese, honey and prosciutto are three of my favorite things. Stole a salad from Tender Greens that I make a lot that's just spinach, goat cheese and almond slivers with a red wine vinaigrette. Can eat that shit all day. Honey/Proscuitto/Baguette & Cheese is usually my weekend snack.

was in the grocery store and that Five for Fighting Superman song was on

gotta be the whiniest song ever recorded, good god

Haven't hear that pop song where the guy is singing that his girlfriend's father being rude to him. Why are you so rude? I'm a human too!

Figs are awesome because you're eating like zombie wasp carcasses or something.

My new desk is very close to the office of wakephan's nemesis, and I have seen her often the first couple of days. She's been very nice and welcoming so far, but it could be a trap.

Good news is that I'm in the same department and will be sort of working with the guy who produced the first Wilco and Son Volt records (as well as the last Uncle Tupelo record - Anodyne), and engineered a Sea and Cake record (which is pretty cool because John McEntire is a genius) among others, and he's pretty cool. I was in a meeting yesterday and people were talking sound engineering gearhead talk and it was neat.

I also found a collection that included some choice old dirty songs. The cleanest one I found was called "Little Piece of Wang." Good stuff.

We picked up the Beyond Meat burgers from Whole Foods to try this week. Nutrition details are pretty similar to an actual beef burger but we have been trying to cut down our meat intake where possible to do our part for sustainability. I was shocked by how realistic they were. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised since they are in places like Burger King now but it could easily be a replacement for your typical prepackaged burgers from the store. Science is pretty amazing.

Alice and John were pretty wild geniuses

saint-john-coltrane-enthroned-mark-dukes.jpg

Sorry, chupe, I should have let you develop your own impression of her without biasing it. It's always possible she's a lovely human being and my own insecurities and flaws clouded my judgement. Maybe *I* was the bad guy!

Although if I were to offer a strictly academic evaluation, she doesn't know anything about pre-print culture despite being in charge of a collection that encompasses many earlier books and seemed to me (at the time) to lack or resist the intellectual flexibility to conceive that she might not actually know everything there is to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back