• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXX - Morons Debate Living Places Other Than The South !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
read an article that said the mississippi is drying up and cargo rates have gone up like 6x over the past 6 weeks now that shit is getting stuck in Louisiana due to low water levels.

wheres traderdeac for a primer when you need him?

I had pretty low expectations for Chris Pratt’s Mario voice and he somehow failed worse than I thought possible.

The teaser trailer looks great except for Mario's voice and that they're doing a fish out-of-water thing as if Mario isn't from the Mushroom Kingdom.

Honestly, I'm impressed for a film that seems wholly unnecessary. There's no need to turn literal weeks of gameplay over several decades into a 100 minute film.

His first line sounded like regular Chris Pratt, the second like a Brooklyn accent

What percentage of sports fans gamble? How much of sports gambling is a side economy vs. the sports economy? What percentage of sports fans don't gamble because they don't want to vs. the percentage who don't because of lack of convenience?

I think sports gambling talk has reached a decent sweet spot where it's accessible but not too intrusive. Bad Beats is a good segment. Al Michaels saying, "A late score here will be important to some" is fine. The Daily Wager and ESPN shows that specifically focus on it are fine. But anything more could get annoying and make sports more insidery and less accessible than they already are.

I don't want to get to the point where commentators elevate covering the spread to the same level as real wins/losses. The last thing I want is a game where a 7.5-point dog has the ball on 4th and 5 on the 25 with 3 min left and the commentators are talking about the betting implications of kicking the FG vs. trying to get the TD. Sports viewership is tenuous and increased gambling talk could just drive more people away.

All you folks considering an e-bike!!!!!

Rad has their Rad Mission on sale for $499. That is a YB cashmere jogger level deal.

One thing I consistently fuck up as a parent is forgetting how long it takes to make soup from scratch. Multiple times I have come home from work at 5 expecting to make soup from scratch for dinner, and 6:30 rolls around and we have to get a pizza because the carrots and celery are still not cooked and everyone in the house is hungry and pissed off.

So, anybody want some soup? It will be ready in about an hour
3e681bddd4a66db2bad72a828f1fd77b.jpg

One thing I consistently fuck up as a parent is forgetting how long it takes to make soup from scratch. Multiple times I have come home from work at 5 expecting to make soup from scratch for dinner, and 6:30 rolls around and we have to get a pizza because the carrots and celery are still not cooked and everyone in the house is hungry and pissed off.

Yep. Just dinner in general. Most days it's a 90 min to 2 hour process to cook dinner, serve dinner, and clean the kitchen. Thankfully, my wife stopped having the nerve to say "that was a nice quick meal" after she's done.

It was particularly annoying two years ago when my wife and kids would be really hungry around 5:30-6:00. My peak work productivity is from like 4-6 (it would be 4-9 if I didn't have a family).

been really leaning into the slow cooker recently

yeah dinner is tough when I pick up my son between 5-530 and wife gets home at 6 or so. I need to be better about cooking more on Sundays or even after he goes to bed, but he's having difficulty going to sleep rn so there's no time really at night and by then I'm exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back