• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXX - Morons Debate Living Places Other Than The South !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm content for everyone else to believe this.

Preference for population density is highly dependent upon economic comfort either way, it sucks to be poor in the city and it sucks to be poor in the country

Out of curiosity, what do you need the expanded space for?

In Denver, popping the top is like $3-400/sq foot, but you see a lot of people doing it in the older neighborhoods because the lots are small (<=6000 sqft) and it's still more economical than a scrape and rebuild. You've also got to factor another $1-200/sq foot to renovate the main floor when you pop the top.
Got busy with work transition stuff. I haven't totally checked out yet.

We have 2400 sq feet and both work from home. Kid 1 = wife gives up her office for the nursery. Kid 2 (hopefully) = I give up my office and create a workspace in the guest room, and she works... somewhere.

We have a massive attic, which could add another ~500 sq feet, but we'd have to vault the ceiling a bit (1.5 story). But the chimney runs right through the middle of it, so I'm not sure how we'd work around that. Would have to do a lot of re-routing upstairs.

Got busy with work transition stuff. I haven't totally checked out yet.

We have 2400 sq feet and both work from home. Kid 1 = wife gives up her office for the nursery. Kid 2 (hopefully) = I give up my office and create a workspace in the guest room, and she works... somewhere.

We have a massive attic, which could add another ~500 sq feet, but we'd have to vault the ceiling a bit (1.5 story). But the chimney runs right through the middle of it, so I'm not sure how we'd work around that. Would have to do a lot of re-routing upstairs.
That'll make for a nice aesthetic in the attic space. Had a friend finish out his attic in a similar fashion and had a similar issue. Just left the brick exposed and had it cleaned up and sealed and it looked amazing.

That'll make for a nice aesthetic in the attic space. Had a friend finish out his attic in a similar fashion and had a similar issue. Just left the brick exposed and had it cleaned up and sealed and it looked amazing.
Yeah, could be a really cool rec room, with a large office space maybe. Could also potentially be a master suite, but our current master bathroom is epic and was our favorite part of our gut reno in 2020. You could comfortably fit 10 people in our shower (unfortunately, the wife isn't down with this).

the amount of SPORTS that becomes available after the summer lull is pretty hard to get used to. CFB, NFL, MLB going to playoffs and basketball starting up all at the same time, after a summer of just nothingness.
This is why I'd like to see the NBA schedule go from Oct to early to June to mid-November to late July. Avoid MLB playoffs. Avoid all but rivalry week, conference championships, and bowls/CFP. Make the NBA a winter/spring/summer sport. Hold the draft in early August during the dead period of sports.

This is why I'd like to see the NBA schedule go from Oct to early to June to mid-November to late July. Avoid MLB playoffs. Avoid all but rivalry week, conference championships, and bowls/CFP. Make the NBA a winter/spring/summer sport. Hold the draft in early August during the dead period of sports.
I mean it makes too much sense in a planned economy, but I'm guessing they miss out on some good dollars/eyeballs with a July finals and everyone on summer vacation?

Yeah, could be a really cool rec room, with a large office space maybe. Could also potentially be a master suite, but our current master bathroom is epic and was our favorite part of our gut reno in 2020. You could comfortably fit 10 people in our shower (unfortunately, the wife isn't down with this).
Maybe offering the wrong ratio of opp?

I mean it makes too much sense in a planned economy, but I'm guessing they miss out on some good dollars/eyeballs with a July finals and everyone on summer vacation?
Yeah. I guess that's the risk. I've been on vacation during the last two Finals and I can definitely see how viewership would drop.

The only thing that gets a little dicey with this is that by pushing the NBA playoffs to late July they'd be competing with events like the World Cup and Euro every other year and then there's the Olympics thrown in there too. I know the soccer ones wouldn't necessarily conflict with TV time slots (western hemisphere WCs would be the worst), but there's serious competition for eyeballs on TVs and the NBA is the most "global" league we have.

ETA: Olympics wouldn't be until after the playoffs are done, but it cuts down the turnaround time for guys on teams that make deep runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back