• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Tread Raffi - Down By The Bay - Did you ever go to a basketball game, and steal concessions without shame ? ? ! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did a search to see how often this song has been discussed on these boards.

Gooner mentioned it at the end of a CT in July. Numbers and Windy estimated 90% and 85% of Americans (not just white people) age 28-40 would be able to sing along with that song.

Here's an interesting take from SD3. I thought Since You've Been Gone was the millennial large group anthem.
Mr. Brightside as a #9 seed will upset Since you've been gone
There were a few other mentions in lists of songs and sports takes with people not adding a space in "bright side." That's it.

There’s some segment of internet culture that has Mr Brightside as one of the biggest songs of the 2000s but I don’t see it in real life.
Think you are just missing it, it was a huge song when it was released and it has endured in culture. The album sold 7 million, went platinum in multiple countries, was number 1 in the UK. The single itself sold 3.5 million copies. It’s a 20yo song and there have been articles written about it recently in the NYT, Independent, and BBC.

i take one phone call and next thing you know we have biff leading a CT
I got caught up writing a third email to someone about how it's not a good idea to be using your debit card for everything in Mexico and then the CT gets biffed.

Well SiriusXM must think Somebody Told Me is the bigger song as they play that all the time

Well SiriusXM must think Somebody Told Me is the bigger song as they play that all the time
i won't pretend to understand their business model but they definitely get some kind of monthly deal on rights to songs because out of nowhere they will start playing the hell out of some old song and then drop it a few weeks later

i won't pretend to understand their business model but they definitely get some kind of monthly deal on rights to songs because out of nowhere they will start playing the hell out of some old song and then drop it a few weeks later
Maybe similar to how movies shift around between Netflix, Hulu, Max, etc on a monthly basis

I don’t recall ever hearing that song.
Same.

I have a friend who used to travel with me a lot for work and I swear every trip she would end up doing Wonderwall at some bar. She is not white so funny to me to see it on this list.

Think you are just missing it, it was a huge song when it was released and it has endured in culture. The album sold 7 million, went platinum in multiple countries, was number 1 in the UK. The single itself sold 3.5 million copies. It’s a 20yo song and there have been articles written about it recently in the NYT, Independent, and BBC.

it's still possible that it's still mostly an online culture thing

I saw some list of best college football traditions and I think this garbage was in the top 10. Just brutal.

What do they sing at Ohio State games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back