• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Check your Ticketmaster Account

Think America just needs to accept that no one is getting jack shit out of this bogus settlement.

I used a voucher and then immediately put the tickets for sale on ticketmaster as a test.

Tried to buy a pair for Greg Allman and Peter Frampton in Charlotte, but it gave me an error

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ive heard that if you're getting an error code a simple fix is to use your voucher through the band's website.

FWIW, I order 4 tickets for Weezer tonight (ordered them on Tuesday or Wednesday or whenever), and put in one code, and it gave me all 4 tickets for free.

No idea if I was just lucky or if it was a glitch or what, but I'm not complaining. Sold them on Stubhub last night and made $126. So that was nice. Obviously they aren't going to give us discounts on good shows, only the show that have no prayer at selling out otherwise.

eb694b45ba5a791f503d71399335bfe5.jpg

Fuck you ticketmaster you fucking fucks

FWIW, I order 4 tickets for Weezer tonight (ordered them on Tuesday or Wednesday or whenever), and put in one code, and it gave me all 4 tickets for free.

No idea if I was just lucky or if it was a glitch or what, but I'm not complaining. Sold them on Stubhub last night and made $126. So that was nice. Obviously they aren't going to give us discounts on good shows, only the show that have no prayer at selling out otherwise.

where the weezer show? Greensboro? Lucky you got a bite for bad band in bad city

Bristow, VA (basically DC). Got an email this afternoon from ticketmaster saying they made an error and cancelled two of my tickets, but I haven't hear anything from stubhub so I assume they cancelled it after the concert.

From the weekend wsj

Ticketmaster Vouchers Get Panned by Some Fans

By HANNAH KARP
June 24, 2016 6:52 p.m. ET
11 COMMENTS
Thanks to a legal settlement involving Live Nation Entertainment Inc.’s Ticketmaster unit, some 50 million fans were recently notified they had received vouchers for concert tickets as part of a class-action lawsuit.

But for some of the recipients there may be no such thing as a free ticket—at least for the shows or seats they really want.

The 2003 lawsuit, filed in a California state court, alleged that Ticketmaster’s descriptions of various fees, ostensibly for delivery and order processing, were deceptive. Ticketmaster disputed the allegations but settled in 2013, offering the vouchers to people who had bought concert tickets between 1999 and 2013. Some of the vouchers offer discounts; others are supposed to be good for free tickets.

The vouchers are redeemable only for general-admission seats at venues that Live Nation owns or operates—and the company doesn’t own arenas such as New York’s Madison Square Garden or the Forum in Los Angeles, where many superstar artists play. There are also limits on how many fans can use vouchers at a given show.

Most of Live Nation’s large venues are amphitheaters, which typically are partially covered but open on the sides and are considered a bit dated by the concert industry since they generally lack amenities such as luxury boxes.

On Twitter, some fans expressed thanks for the coupons; however, one fan complained that there appeared to be only one eligible show in Chicago, while many others made fun of some of the past-their-prime bands they could see with their vouchers.

Follow
Taylor Dennis @Tdenn27
Thank u ticketmaster for giving me free tickets to blink 182, Darius Rucker and Brantley Gilbert ������
3:58 PM - 21 Jun 2016
Retweets 11 11 likes
By Friday Ticketmaster had made tickets available at many more venues other than its amphitheaters and its chain of House of Blues clubs. In Los Angeles, for example, it made shows available to voucher users at all the clubs it owns, including the Hollywood Palladium and the Wiltern. Many of the big shows around the country eligible for voucher use, such as Steely Dan and Daryl Hall & John Oates, had sold out of voucher seats as of Friday morning. But such tickets were still available to see acts such as pop star Gwen Stefani, rapper Snoop Dogg and rock band The Counting Crows.

Some of the frustration with the vouchers reflects the angst fans generally feel when they discover that shows they want to attend have quickly sold out. In such cases fans often vent toward Ticketmaster. Demand for tickets is amplified by ticket scalpers snapping up seats, sometimes with the help of specialized software. Also crimping access, promoters rarely release all of the good tickets for sale immediately, reserving some for the artist and other VIP guests.

Also adding to the week’s frustration were technical difficulties. Ticketmaster said on its blog this week that it was experiencing “unprecedented demand for information” and “extremely high call volumes.” The overload caused some vouchers to disappear from fans’ accounts, while preventing others from seeing whether they had vouchers in their accounts.

By Wednesday, nearly all of the $5 million in tickets initially made eligible for voucher use had been redeemed, and Ticketmaster said that it would make another $5 million in tickets eligible through May 2017 so that more members of the class-action lawsuit could cash in. Under the settlement, which was approved last year, Ticketmaster must pay out $42 million over the next four years.

The case began when Curt Schlesinger, a marketing consultant and former sporting-goods executive, purchased four tickets in July 2003 on Ticketmaster to see the alt-rock band Wilco play in Chicago that September. Mr. Schlesinger elected the $19.95 option for delivery within two business days, believing that price was the full cost charged by UPS. Had he known that at least $3 of the delivery fee had been pocketed by Ticketmaster, he would have chosen a different delivery option, according to the complaint. The cost charged by UPS was much less than $16.35, the complaint said.

Other ticket buyers with similar experiences joined the suit, saying they would have chosen not to pay the “order processing” fee had they known that the fee was a profit center for Ticketmaster—and, indeed, would have purchased their tickets elsewhere if they could. As additional customers and attorneys jumped in, the case received class-action status in 2010.

Ticketmaster vigorously disputed the charges but eventually decided to settle in 2013, agreeing to pay the plaintiffs’ lawyers $15 million and the plaintiffs a total of $40,000, according to the settlement.

The vouchers are providing comic relief. Late-night TV host Stephen Colbert tweeted this week: “Excited to learn that Stephen: The Language of Dance is among the free Ticketmaster settlement concerts. Come out and see me sparkle!”

The lawyers got $15 million for this nonsense? I agree with the idea of putting them on the lawn for the GooGoo Dolls.

And I need to find someone to file a class action against.

Back