• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Rappahannock Oysters isn't awful. But the Wharf is so . . . meh. There is a Shake Shack though! RIP Moon Rabbit

I thought you were talking about the area in Georgetown and I’ve never had anything good there. Worst burger of my life.
No, the Wharf is a redone area of SE where the anthem is for concerts and a bunch of new restaurants and bars. I’m sure your per diem will cover a night there next time you are up.

Grazie Grazie is solid, Shake Shack is what it is. Everything else is high concept and stupidly priced trash.

Rappahannock Oysters isn't awful. But the Wharf is so . . . meh. There is a Shake Shack though! RIP Moon Rabbit

yeah, the wharf is not my favorite -- the few times i end up there (pretty much only to go to the anthem) i prefer those more casual places -- have been disappointed otherwise (kaliwa, nara-ya, etc.)

they did open a moon rabbit in eckington/bryant st. area in the alamo drafthouse/metrobar area.

I rarely go down to the Wharf. I thought Moon Rabbit was good, but not something I would seek out on the regular. Del Mar is good but mega expensive for what you get. I remember liking Officina, but I do find his restaurants to be generally underwhelming (Masseria in particular) so I don't know. I think Kaliwa is very meh. People have said that ilili is good but I haven't been. My wife has had season tix at Arena Stage for years and has been to most places over there multiple times and doesn't really love any of them.

20231015_125147.jpg

Bavarian Brunch!

Putting this here since it's basically the DC thread, but I just got my MD plates for my car today and I wanna promise all my DC peeps that I won't start driving like a Marylander.

Putting this here since it's basically the DC thread, but I just got my MD plates for my car today and I wanna promise all my DC peeps that I won't start driving like a Marylander.
What did you go with? Flag, Farm or Bay?

Went with the Bay. There is a WFU tag but I think there is a process to get those kinds of things.

Best lunch recs in Woodley Park? Already planning to go to Lebanese Taverna for dinner.

Also got the crab plates yesterday. I'm so excited about my new ability to park wherever I want in bike lanes and sidewalks!!! /s

Got a burger at Duke's Counter and a raspberry bar at Baked by Yael. Both were good.

Back