• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I just don’t like the DC suburbs
Agreed.

My MIL just threw out her rec for Portland, ME (she lives in Augusta). I love Portland and we've defs talked about it as a possibility in the future, but I'm not sure that now is the time, especially with needing to be in Baltimore 5-8 times a year (plus other travel that is just easier from the DC area).

Agreed.

My MIL just threw out her rec for Portland, ME (she lives in Augusta). I love Portland and we've defs talked about it as a possibility in the future, but I'm not sure that now is the time, especially with needing to be in Baltimore 5-8 times a year (plus other travel that is just easier from the DC area).

One good thing I read recently was don’t make decisions on the 10 percent of your life. Think about the 90 percent.

So, like you might be willing to sacrifice the size/age if the house to be closer to the beach but realistically how often are you going to the beach versus living in the house every day.

5-8 times per year doesn’t seem like a huge deal.

I’ll be in the Virgins suburbs this weekend looking at houses. Anyone have any restaurant recs for old town Alexandria?

RIP Amsterdam Falafel in Adams Morgan. Home to many late night eats and later just dinners when I lived in the neighborhood.

This thread has been around for more than 12 years now, and I just now noticed that restaurants is misspelled in the title

Haha when I want to find this thread I type “Restruants” in the search bar and boom

have hit up the new japanese food hall thing, love makoto, for both the sushi and jbbq. food is great but it is obnoxiously loud in there.

Bump to chime on the suburbs talk. Looks like we're buying in Takoma Park MD. Still walkable and reasonable commute, but with so much more space!
Hey neighbor, I’m about a town over lemme know if you need some sod, I’m gonna go grab a bunch this afternoon.

bdale deacs are dropping like flies (and bdale deac restruants too if you count tyber creek)

Back