• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Nelson... reveal yourself.

lets not talk shit about a huge WFU fan...that makes zero sense.

Now if he comes on the boards (where you're supposed to engage in conversation) and says something controversial that's different. Right now the guy is just reppin' wake the best way he knows how. he named his son "deacon..." my deceased grandfather owned a still functioning murray ride on lawnmower (outlived him, and is as old as me) with no less than 3 WFU bumper stickers on it. and he shit on a DD carved toilet seat. There isn't anything wrong with any of this, except for maybe the fact that "deacon," out of context, is a church official. that part sucks

also my deceased great uncle's wife's son is named Deac

Chris is a good dude. Wish we had 1000 more fans like him. Ill never understand why some people feel the need to bash folks who have zero affect on their day to day lives. Cheer up. That being said I'm just another guy who grew up loving the Deacs but didn't have the means to go to school there.

I'm sure he's a good dude to people who don't challenge his bullshit sunshine stance on our athletic program. His condescending "super-fan" schtick doesn't work with people who have a lot more than a 200 dollar tattoo invested in Wake Forest.

There was a time when we welcomed fans of all kinds, people like Randy the Deacon Nut. Now, some fans get called out for not being real fans, mostly because they continue to support the school when many of you wish the program would completely crater. We're a small school. We should appreciate all the fans we can get.

I've been a reader of this board for awhile now. Some of you need some perspective. What LOWF as many of you like to say needs is another 15,000 fans like this guy. The stadium wouldn't be half full week after week. I can count on my two little hands the number of home football games I've missed in the last 13 years. Seen the good and a helluva lot of bad, heartbreaks and many joys, cold, rain, has not mattered, been there pulling for the Deacs. Vocal critic of Lobo and of Grobe's loyalty to his staff the last few years when he obviously has needed to make changes. I will continue to be at the games and watching LOWF. I don't care if you like or dislike the fact that I am not a Wake graduate. You should be damn grateful that I and people like me or fans. Attended many basketball games over that same time span, stopped when Beezledick was brought in and won't start back until he is gone. Some of gentleman on this board have managed to irritate me in case you haven't noticed. Oh, just in case you wondering, Ron Wellman should be given a grand sendoff as he is shoved out the door and many others in the athletic department should follow!

lets not talk shit about a huge WFU fan...that makes zero sense.

Now if he comes on the boards (where you're supposed to engage in conversation) and says something controversial that's different. Right now the guy is just reppin' wake the best way he knows how. he named his son "deacon..." my deceased grandfather owned a still functioning murray ride on lawnmower (outlived him, and is as old as me) with no less than 3 WFU bumper stickers on it. and he shit on a DD carved toilet seat. There isn't anything wrong with any of this, except for maybe the fact that "deacon," out of context, is a church official. that part sucks

is this his son?

Chris is a good dude. Wish we had 1000 more fans like him. Ill never understand why some people feel the need to bash folks who have zero affect on their day to day lives. Cheer up. That being said I'm just another guy who grew up loving the Deacs but didn't have the means to go to school there.

Agree bit dude, how about scaling back. Geez. One team logo per outfit.

Spare us the lectures. Especially those who have been posting here since 2012 and never even interacted with the dude on Scout. Few, if any, have a problem with having more fans...it's this particular fan and his "condescending 'super-fan' schtick", to quote myDeaconmyhand, that people have a problem with.

Randy, the Deacon Nut, was awesome. Chris thinks he's awesome.

I've been a reader of this board for awhile now. Some of you need some perspective. What LOWF as many of you like to say needs is another 15,000 fans like this guy. The stadium wouldn't be half full week after week. I can count on my two little hands the number of home football games I've missed in the last 13 years. Seen the good and a helluva lot of bad, heartbreaks and many joys, cold, rain, has not mattered, been there pulling for the Deacs. Vocal critic of Lobo and of Grobe's loyalty to his staff the last few years when he obviously has needed to make changes. I will continue to be at the games and watching LOWF. I don't care if you like or dislike the fact that I am not a Wake graduate. You should be damn grateful that I and people like me or fans. Attended many basketball games over that same time span, stopped when Beezledick was brought in and won't start back until he is gone. Some of gentleman on this board have managed to irritate me in case you haven't noticed. Oh, just in case you wondering, Ron Wellman should be given a grand sendoff as he is shoved out the door and many others in the athletic department should follow!

Here's your cookie:
amerygah.jpg

Thanks Va I'll have a vodka with that. Racer 7000 plus posts since 2011, impressive. That was not a lecture, I only do those in person. Come by our tailgate sometime and we can lecture each other while possibly enjoying an adult beverage.

You can't preach about how you are a SuperFan for WF and give examples of your fanhood for one sport; while in the same post admitting you stopped caring about another WF sport (not going to bball games since [Redacted] was hired).

That isn't how SUPERFANDOM works.

you pretty much have to piss black and poop gold

or be allergic to winning championships

You can't preach about how you are a SuperFan for WF and give examples of your fanhood for one sport; while in the same post admitting you stopped caring about another WF sport (not going to bball games since [Redacted] was hired).

That isn't how SUPERFANDOM works.

but is it how SUPERPHANDOM works?

but is it how SUPERPHANDOM works?

Hmmmmm. Unsure. I'll need to PM deacphan for clarification. I suggest you (and everyone else) do the same. I also hear he has the inside scoop on the anti-[Redacted] billboard coming in 2014. #scoop!

It's great how people shake the pom-poms and chide others for what they perceive as attempting to run off a "great fan" they wish we had a stadium full of.

You guys are utterly missing the issue. The issue isn't going after this guy for being a Wake fan. The issue isn't losing sight of the fact that any small fanbase should accept anyone who's a fan. If you think that's what this is, you're missing the issue and talking out of your ass.

The issue is when anyone, on this board; at a tailgate; in a concession line at Groves; on the Mag Quad; wherever, starts the "you should be a great fan like me- here's why you suck" bullshit. Lectro pulled(pulls) this shit, footballmom42 pulled it, RULZ pulled it, and overalls pulls it. I don't give a fuck whether you grew up in Winston, are a 5th generation Wake alumnus, and drive a custom-painted black and gold Mercedes or if you dropped out of the 4th grade in Alaska and just like Wake because of the year we went to the bball tourney in Anchorage- when you start dick measuring and pissing at people who have made their own investment in their alma mater, you're going to catch shit. And whether you try to hide it with charming and silly little "mofuggin brats" and try to say you're just doing a routine or whether you dress like an NC State reject and rile up the crowds, it's still bullshit underneath.

The ones who give enough of a fuck about Wake to demand a change; to demand improvement and reject complacency are the people whose "fandom" really should not be questioned.

The issue is when anyone, on this board; at a tailgate; in a concession line at Groves; on the Mag Quad; wherever, starts the "you should be a great fan like me- here's why you suck" bullshit. Lectro pulled(pulls) this shit, footballmom42 pulled it, RULZ pulled it, and overalls pulls it. I don't give a fuck whether you grew up in Winston, are a 5th generation Wake alumnus, and drive a custom-painted black and gold Mercedes or if you dropped out of the 4th grade in Alaska and just like Wake because of the year we went to the bball tourney in Anchorage- when you start dick measuring and pissing at people who have made their own investment in their alma mater, you're going to catch shit. And whether you try to hide it with charming and silly little "mofuggin brats" and try to say you're just doing a routine or whether you dress like an NC State reject and rile up the crowds, it's still bullshit underneath.

Yeah that.

Nobody is making fun of him because he's a die-hard fan who didn't go to Wake. People are making fun of him because he's a fucking asshole. Or at least he has no idea how he comes off when he pulls that shit.

Back