• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Nelson... reveal yourself.

Great post, 94.

The issue is when anyone, on this board; at a tailgate; in a concession line at Groves; on the Mag Quad; wherever, starts the "you should be a great fan like me- here's why you suck" bullshit. Lectro pulled(pulls) this shit, footballmom42 pulled it, RULZ pulled it, and overalls pulls it. I don't give a fuck whether you grew up in Winston, are a 5th generation Wake alumnus, and drive a custom-painted black and gold Mercedes or if you dropped out of the 4th grade in Alaska and just like Wake because of the year we went to the bball tourney in Anchorage- when you start dick measuring and pissing at people who have made their own investment in their alma mater, you're going to catch shit. And whether you try to hide it with charming and silly little "mofuggin brats" and try to say you're just doing a routine or whether you dress like an NC State reject and rile up the crowds, it's still bullshit underneath.

The ones who give enough of a fuck about Wake to demand a change; to demand improvement and reject complacency are the people whose "fandom" really should not be questioned.

:slash:

The messaging on this thread was bound to cause issues. Casual readers see some townie with a deacon tattoo and a silly outfit and don't understand why the uncultured heathens would reject such a fan. Longtime readers can only see the horrible poster and not the man behind the thread.

I don't have a problem with section2overalls, I think it's great he's on our side. However, he nor anyone else is a better fan than me, nor am I a better fan than anyone else. I've missed one home football game in the last 12 years, some have probably missed none, others have missed a lot who cares? I named my dog "Deacon", other Wake fans probably have dogs named spot, smoky, and ranger, who cares???? All I know is that I support Wake wholeheartedly and unconditionally and I share that with many people. Doesn't mean I can't be critical of things I don't agree with in our Athletic program, in fact if I didn't care enough to get to get upset over things, than that would mean I didn't care that much to begin with. Point is if section2overalls chooses to support the Deacs by dressing up in an outfit to draw attention to himself and get nominated for some kind of super fan contest, more power to him, but that doesn't make him any better than anyone else.

admittedly having not clicked the link and not knowing this person, I didn't realize he thought he was a better fan than others for whatever reason. apparently he has invited such criticism...?

my post definitely was not intended to tout my fandom, just to talk about some cool WFU gear I have while buzzin' (not to be confused with buzz-in). I also have a WFU basketball with signatures of RR,RC,TD. Need JH and CP

Last edited:
You name a pet after your favorite sports team, not a child.

ETA: I appreciate his support and love of the Deacs, but the dude is an attention whore.

Last edited:
So you complain about Jason trying to pull the 'I'm-a-better-fan-than-you' bit, but then you start the Wal-Mart / Townie / Not-an-alum bit in the same post? Hypocritical much?

I hate all the wal-mart / townie talk. We are a small fan base and the only way out of LOWF is through expanding the fan base. Penn State had 35,000 students at their game last week. I bet Wake barley has 35,000 living alumni.

So you complain about Jason trying to pull the 'I'm-a-better-fan-than-you' bit, but then you start the Wal-Mart / Townie / Not-an-alum bit in the same post? Hypocritical much?

I hate all the wal-mart / townie talk. We are a small fan base and the only way out of LOWF is through expanding the fan base. Penn State had 35,000 students at their game last week. I bet Wake barley has 35,000 living alumni.

Yep, we should try to be more like Penn State football! ;)

Yep, we should try to be more like Penn State football! ;)

Antoine-Dodson.jpg

It's unclear whom you're addressing but see my post- you're not getting the point. And more fans is obviously great but it's not going to do anything for LOWF thinking as long as it's apparently chiseled into the red brick of Reynolda and the Athletic Department. We take our pats on the head and lovely, patronizing platitudes of "be patient; things don't get better overnight; what do you expect from LOWF." That's where LOWF comes from. The top down. And you're right: Penn State degrees are a dime a dozen. Large student bodies don't translate to successful programs. Asses in the seats? Yes. Success? Not necessarily at all.

Did he make a banner with him (and Camp) on it?

There definitely is a banner hanging in front of him, just don't know if he did it or not. Not judging, just asking. Fine, I will be judging him because hanging a pro-WF Football banner with yourself on it is well past being supportive and has moved into "I'm a better fan than you, look at the banner for proof" territory. So I really hope he isn't that conceited to do it. If he didn't do it, it's cool for him that someone made banner that he happens to be on.

Did he make a banner with him (and Camp) on it?

There definitely is a banner hanging in front of him, just don't know if he did it or not. Not judging, just asking. Fine, I will be judging him because hanging a pro-WF Football banner with yourself on it is well past being supportive and has moved into "I'm a better fan than you, look at the banner for proof" territory. So I really hope he isn't that conceited to do it. If he didn't do it, it's cool for him that someone made banner that he happens to be on.

Yes

I don't mind Overalls, I just wish they wouldn't show him on TV during virtually every crowd shot.

I don't mind Overalls, I just wish they wouldn't show him on TV during virtually every crowd shot.

To be fair, the way our stands have looked, that's about all the cameras have had to work with. Also, there's a reason he sits down near the cameras.

Didn't really care until he started telling alums that they shouldn't post on the scout forum.

Or that huge dork with the black and gold stove-pipe hat and leg warmers on his arms we saw at every damn Wake event from basketball to chess-team matches.

:couch:

Back