• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul

What I don't understand is why all these superstar trades have to be for picks and crap. Who says no to this (I know the answer, but if I'm the clippers GM I do it)

Hornets get:
Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman
Eric Bledsoe
Mo Williams

Clippers:
Sign Tyson Chandler as free agent
Sign and Trade David West
Chris Paul
Trevor Ariza
Marco Bellineli

Clippers keep their Minny #1 pick, still keep Aminu for the future.

They basically become the 08 Hornets that beat Dallas 4-1 in the first round and took the Spurs to 7, but have Eric Gordon as their starting SG instead of Jannero Pargo, and have 2 young potential guys in Farooq and the Minny pick.

Clippers Become

PG: Paul/Foye
SG: Gordon/Bellini
SF: Ariza/Aminu
PF: West/Gomes
C: Chandler

You're at $62M before you fill out the roster, and you need a backup Center but you are competing for a championship with that roster because its a SOLID 9 deep, AND you have the minnesota pick still.

Hornets get Griffin, they aren't complaining.

There are all sorts of variations to this trade that can be done including taking an Amnestying Okafor (which won't cost that much, someone will pay him a good amount and you're only on the hook for the difference) to clear ALL of the Hornets bad contracts off their books in one fell swoop.

Clippers aren't going to give up Griffin. You can hardly blame them for that either.

Lol @ you for thinking the Clips would trade Griffin. He's what Cam Newton is to the panthers. Future.

And anyway CP doesn't agree to sign an extension with that deal either.

Only way Blake leaves LA is when he's a free agent. And I imagine that they'll lock him up for many years to come before he becomes a FA

well that link completely contradicts random guy from the Hornets board, eh? I think he was spot on for a few trades last year before the media outlets got a whiff, thats why I mentioned it.

AgentZiko •December 6, 2011 at 2:39 pm
JUST got word of what the deal would look like if Minnesota is involved instead of the Jazz:

MINNY GETS: Pau Gasol. Trevor Ariza

LAKERS GET: Chris Paul.

HORNETS GET: Derrick Williams. Michael Beasley. Anthony Randolph. Martell Webster. Luc Ridnour.

AgentZiko •December 6, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Clips will not give up both Gordon and Jordan. Only one. And as of now will not give up Gordon at all unless CP3 signs an extension.

GState is NOT interested in giving up Curry or Thompson. They are more focused on landing a starting Center, and Small forward and are looking to move Ellis and Beindrins to acquire that.

The best option is still CP3 for Bynum straight up. The Lakers are offering Pau for CP instead though, so they can move Bynum and Odom for Dwight.

If Hornets took Bynum for CP3, Lakers wont get Howard.

Other rumor:

Steph Curry NOT FOR SALE and along with Klay Thompson are the only untouchables on the roster.

Wait....Howard, CP, and Kobe???? Suck on that Miami. Make it happen!

Lol @ you for thinking the Clips would trade Griffin. He's what Cam Newton is to the panthers. Future.

The team I just posted to you would be favored to win the Championship. If not, be one of the best 3 teams in the league. The future is nice, the present is nicer. This team was 1 game behind the Lakers for best record in the West and took the Spurs to 7 2 years ago with Jannero Pargo playing SG and no bench. Now they have a deep bench and Eric Gordon.

Its Chris freakin Paul and he's 26. He was just voted the 4th best player in the NBA, and he's coming packaged with all the players needed to win a championship. I know the clippers won't trade Griffin, but if I'm the GM of the clippers I do that deal in a heartbeat.

At the end of their respective careers I will bet anyone any amount of money that Chris Paul will be regarded as having a better career than Blake Griffin. And Chris can be effective even without elite athleticism meaning more longevity so I'd say that from this point forward, both will have the same length of top-level play left in their careers since Blake's play currently revolves around his athleticism.

Last edited:
And anyway CP doesn't agree to sign an extension with that deal either.

CP gets to play with Tyson and David and has a real supporting cast, why wouldn't he sign an extension? It's on ESPN's front page (and no secret) how much playing with Tyson means to him.

He's also publicly said "David is like a brother to me, I've never played without him" although his relationship with David behind the scenes isn't as clear. They are more of the fighting get on eachother type of working relationship.

He wants to go to the Clippers because of Blake. They are a terrible, terrible franchise, maybe worse than the one he is fleeing. Tyson is a side dish he wants, he still needs an entree.

D West is 31 and coming off an ACL tear.

It's going to have to be a sign-and-trade situation, I think. NBA runs the Hornets and they're going to be wary about pissing off one of their best ambassadors while also being concerned about getting maximum value for a struggling franchise, as David West is a free agent this year.
I'd love to see both he and Dwight go to the Lakers and take on the HEat. What kind of ratings would that game get? I hate showing the Heat love but I have a feeling they are going to be on a mission this season...

He wants to go to the Clippers because of Blake. They are a terrible, terrible franchise, maybe worse than the one he is fleeing. Tyson is a side dish he wants, he still needs an entree.

This.

And I definitely think an improvement at SF would be needed.

My preference:

1. Clippers
2. Mavericks
3. Warriors

Nobody else. If he goes to the Lakers or Knicks I wouldn't be able to root for his team to win a title. I'll root for him individually but as a hater of all things NY and LA I cannot in good conscience pull for either of those teams. Ever.

As dumb as my post was, you know what I meant. I can't root for the evil empires. And hopefully I'll think of the Clippers as an LA super team one day.

This.

And I definitely think an improvement at SF would be needed.

They could go the Caron or J-Ho route until Aminu develops, but I imagine the Hornets want to get rid of one of their bad contracts (Ariza/Okafor) and in this scenario they're signing Chandler, and have a need at SF so I went with Ariza.

I have league pass and watch most all Hornets games, and yes, Ariza is terrible, but he can play defense, and with Paul, Gordon and West he shouldn't be taking more than 5 shots a game anyways.

Aminu developing is their improvement at SF potential.

Last edited:
As dumb as my post was, you know what I meant. I can't root for the evil empires. And hopefully I'll think of the Clippers as an LA super team one day.

Ofc I know, I just thought it was too funny not to point out.

D West is 31 and coming off an ACL tear.

His game really isn't built around athleticism, but yes its a risk. Multiple NBA sources think West's game is the type that the injury will be a major derailment to his career. The knee isn't a risk to his 18 footer.

They could go the Caron or J-Ho route until Ariza develops, but I imagine the Hornets want to get rid of one of their bad contracts (Ariza/Okafor) and in this scenario they're signing Chandler, and have a need at SF so I went with Ariza.

I have league pass and watch most all Hornets games, and yes, Ariza is terrible, but he can play defense, and with Paul, Gordon and West he shouldn't be taking more than 5 shots a game anyways.

Aminu developing is their improvement at SF potential.

Ariza has been in the league since the 2004-2005 season. If he hasn't developed to his full potential yet, then he never will.

I posted the 9 man lineup, who in the West is better? Chris beat the Lakers twice with Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza, Marco Bellineli and Carl Landry as the rest of his starting 5, with Willie Green, Quincy Pondexter and Aaron Gray coming off the bench.

Surely with Gordon, West, Trevor and Tyson, With Foye, Gomes, Aminu coming off the bench he can beat them twice more, right?

Ariza has been in the league since the 2004-2005 season. If he hasn't developed to his full potential yet, then he never will.

Names look similar so easily confused, but I said Farooq developing. Ariza is a servicable stopgap for 2 years to allow him to do so. Heck that lineup can have me as SF and win 50 games.

Oh, and if that doesn't work out, you still have Minnesota's pick next year to fix it.

Back