• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

You need to listen to Clawson's pressers. He explained why we don't drive block. The RPO scheme doesn't allow it. Linemen downfield.

It would be interesting to know the success rate of our RPO plays. It seems to be quite low.

It would be interesting to know the success rate of our RPO plays. It seems to be quite low.

Actually according to Clawson most of our plays are RPO's. So since we are having by far our most successful offensive season under Clawson, it would seem they are pretty high.

Actually according to Clawson most of our plays are RPO's. So since we are having by far our most successful offensive season under Clawson, it would seem they are pretty high.

Hmm... interesting. There must be a big variance in how quickly Wolford decides

I don't buy the idea that Wake's athletes are inferior to other teams. Wake is as big and fast as just about anybody. Today I thought that showed.

Oh come on. Seriously. FSU is loaded with NFL draft picks. With maybe one or two exceptions, FSU is bigger, stronger, faster at almost every position, and they are two-deep with that kind of talent. Saying Wake matches up in terms of talent is ludicrous. Clawson has definitely ramped up the recruiting from Grobe's final few years, but relative to a Clemson or FSU, we are LOWF in terms of talent and saying so is just acknowledging reality.

Criticize Clawson's play calling on the next to last drive all you want, but the fact that we were even tied inside the two-minute mark against an NFL developmental league team was testament to the program Clawson has built and to his game plan.

FSU has a true FR QB. They are talented, but not a particularly good football team right now with their OL problems on top of that. State tried to give them the game in Tallahassee.

No moral victories. We should have won that game.

FSU has a true FR QB. They are talented, but not a particularly good football team right now with their OL problems on top of that. State tried to give them the game in Tallahassee.

No moral victories. We should have won that game.

This.

Well at least we don't have Fedora as our coach. Was listening to their game yesterday on the way to our game and his words of halftime wisdom to the sideline reporter was "they need to do their damn job." ( referring to his players of course) Way to throw your players under the bus there coach.

You need to listen to Clawson's pressers. He explained why we don't drive block. The RPO scheme doesn't allow it. Linemen downfield.

Well then we should stop running so much RPO, especially in key situations. Pretty simple.

Oh come on. Seriously. FSU is loaded with NFL draft picks. With maybe one or two exceptions, FSU is bigger, stronger, faster at almost every position, and they are two-deep with that kind of talent. Saying Wake matches up in terms of talent is ludicrous. Clawson has definitely ramped up the recruiting from Grobe's final few years, but relative to a Clemson or FSU, we are LOWF in terms of talent and saying so is just acknowledging reality.

Criticize Clawson's play calling on the next to last drive all you want, but the fact that we were even tied inside the two-minute mark against an NFL developmental league team was testament to the program Clawson has built and to his game plan.

I know Wake doesn't have the depth that they did, but outside of Derwin James, who on their defense (starters) is significantly bigger, faster or stronger than Wake's players?

Good god, delete and lock this thread. Come on mods...This kind of thread is unacceptable and inaccurate.

Facts: Clawson has our program in a place that we haven’t been in a decade. Yes, Clawson has shown that he has a conservative offensive mind. For the first time since Clawson has been at Wake, we lost a game that a casual fan who doesn’t know the game would consider his fault. We are 4-1, completely outplayed FSU, and lost the game because of a no call PI, and special teams.

Not facts: Clawson is a coward.

Lock, delete and let’s stop having this discussion.

Good god, delete and lock this thread. Come on mods...This kind of thread is unacceptable and inaccurate.

Facts: Clawson has our program in a place that we haven’t been in a decade. Yes, Clawson has shown that he has a conservative offensive mind. For the first time since Clawson has been at Wake, we lost a game that a casual fan who doesn’t know the game would consider his fault. We are 4-1, completely outplayed FSU, and lost the game because of a no call PI, and special teams.

Not facts: Clawson is a coward.

Lock, delete and let’s stop having this discussion.
And a missed XP, and a Chuck Wade fumble at FSU's 22, and a Tabari drop that led to a pick at our own 30 which led to an FSU FG, and...

Weird how there aren't any threads about those things.

We should've lost last week and won yesterday, so I guess we're even.

I know Wake doesn't have the depth that they did, but outside of Derwin James, who on their defense (starters) is significantly bigger, faster or stronger than Wake's players?

I don't think they had a big advantage in athletes among the starters on offense and defense, if so it certainly wasn't evident yesterday. The one place it was evident was on kick returns. A program like FSU has a lot of great athletes throughout their 2 and even 3 deep, so they can field a very athletic kick return team without using many offensive or defensive starters.

People want someone to point fingers at and blame for the loss.

Why not have a thread about the unbelievable game Dortch had, or the fact our D line might be top 3 in the ACC, or that Can Serigne is an absolute bad ass, or that Wolford has had a near mistake free season?

And a missed XP, and a Chuck Wade fumble at FSU's 22, and a Tabari drop that led to a pick at our own 30 which led to an FSU FG, and...

this is when the wheels fell off. We had a ton of momentum, but that missed XP then led to that long kickoff return. Then the Tabari drop. We regained some momentum in the third, but it should've been 13-3 at halftime instead of us giving them 10 points in the final few minutes of the first half. Hard to believe FSU won with 270 yards of offense, but like you said we should've lost last week and won this week. Oh well.

this is when the wheels fell off. We had a ton of momentum, but that missed XP then led to that long kickoff return. Then the Tabari drop. We regained some momentum in the third, but it should've been 13-3 at halftime instead of us giving them 10 points in the final few minutes of the first half. Hard to believe FSU won with 270 yards of offense, but like you said we should've lost last week and won this week. Oh well.

Yeah I told my Dad after missed PAT, that took away some of our momentum and the kick return completed shifted it away. Credit to our guys for coming back and getting the lead, but that was a key sequence in the game. Weaver is 10 for 10 on FG's this season, but has missed 2 PATS???

This.

Yeah I told my Dad after missed PAT, that took away some of our momentum and the kick return completed shifted it away. Credit to our guys for coming back and getting the lead, but that was a key sequence in the game. Weaver is 10 for 10 on FG's this season, but has missed 2 PATS???
Thought the same thing...and those stats are very weird. I may have gone for the first down on 4th and 11 right at the end of the first half. He ran the clock down to 19 sec IIRC. A first down would have put us in FG range. The risk of them scoring was pretty low if we didn't make it.

Back