• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

Much more likely Clemson goes 8-0 in conference vs. two losses.

They just had their biggest test, and the rest of their toughest opponents are at home. State, Syracuse, and Miami (if they are any good anyways). State doesn't have anywhere near the receiving corps that Wake does, and that is how you have to beat Clemson right now. Neither does Cuse. Who knows about Miami, we don't even know who their QB is going to be.

Clemson will have little trouble with State and Cuse at home. I don't think either of these teams has the explosive play ability needed to win. Maybe Miami puts up a fight if they can get settled.

DJ is clearly better than last season. Once their secondary gets healthy, they will be fine.

There is no other ACC offense besides maybe UNC that would give them a big problem defensively, and they don't play in the regular season. The only questionable game I see left for them is @FSU, and I'm not sure if FSU is that good.

That would involve Leary throwing the ball down the field.

They just had their biggest test, and the rest of their toughest opponents are at home. State, Syracuse, and Miami (if they are any good anyways). State doesn't have anywhere near the receiving corps that Wake does, and that is how you have to beat Clemson right now. Neither does Cuse. Who knows about Miami, we don't even know who their QB is going to be.

Clemson will have little trouble with State and Cuse at home. I don't think either of these teams has the explosive play ability needed to win. Maybe Miami puts up a fight if they can get settled.

DJ is clearly better than last season. Once their secondary gets healthy, they will be fine.

There is no other ACC offense besides maybe UNC that would give them a big problem defensively, and they don't play in the regular season. The only questionable game I see left for them is @FSU, and I'm not sure if FSU is that good.
Fear this is all true but not giving up hope that Clemson might drop a couple. Naturally they'd never admit this, but that game yesterday took an emotional toll on them just like it did Wake. They were scared shitless that the unthinkable would happen and they'd lose to WF. If State plays to their potential they can take Clemson.

State's passing game is inferior to Wake's. State's D is far better than Wake's. I think Clemson wins, but the State D could keep it close.

I have watched a couple FSU games this year and they are basically Clemson on the D line with better running backs and a more mobile QB. I'm super worried this week

I have watched a couple FSU games this year and they are basically Clemson on the D line with better running backs and a more mobile QB. I'm super worried this week
What gives me hope is how well our O-line protected against Clemson, if they can do that against FSU, we can win.

Fear this is all true but not giving up hope that Clemson might drop a couple. Naturally they'd never admit this, but that game yesterday took an emotional toll on them just like it did Wake. They were scared shitless that the unthinkable would happen and they'd lose to WF. If State plays to their potential they can take Clemson.
I get it. We went through the same thing against Liberty.

Dabo said that in the postgame. Clemson won because they never turned it over (against a team that forces TOs). He acknowledged that if Clemson had turned over just one time they would've lost.

Sounds like karma might come for Gameday at Clemson this weekend. Gonna be a miserable experience.

Dabo said that in the postgame. Clemson won because they never turned it over (against a team that forces TOs). He acknowledged that if Clemson had turned over just one time they would've lost.

Ugh like the pick that went through Holmes hands for a TD? Or the numerous tipped balls that fell harmlessly and they’d score a TD several plays later?

Saturday's game was only the second time since the start of the 2021 season (16 games) that Clemson played a game with no turnovers. There is a certain randomness to college football that is real, but hard to accept. Clemson will probably commit multiple turnovers against State that aren't forced. Really frustrating.

Clemson had the fluky play (ball bounces off defender for 2nd week in a row and is caught for a TD :confused:) and committed no turnovers and we should have won the game.

Curious if people are in more pain after the loss to Clemson or after the loss to UNC last year.

Could be recency bias but I’d personally go with Clemson this year. Just heartbreaking.

Curious if people are in more pain after the loss to Clemson or after the loss to UNC last year.

Could be recency bias but I’d personally go with Clemson this year. Just heartbreaking.
This year. Carolina we choked and lost to an inferior team but this one was a dogfight and felt like we left it all on the field.

Well, we lead the nation in one thing--0 and 63 against top 10 tens ! lol. Also, defense has give up points vmi-10 vandy-25 liberty-36 clemson-51, getting worse- we may need to score a 100 to win from now on--- why did they throw in end zone in 2 ot when it was 4 and 6,,, run slant, pick up 1st down, then go for td.

Well, we lead the nation in one thing--0 and 63 against top 10 tens ! lol. Also, defense has give up points vmi-10 vandy-25 liberty-36 clemson-51, getting worse- we may need to score a 100 to win from now on--- why did they throw in end zone in 2 ot when it was 4 and 6,,, run slant, pick up 1st down, then go for td.

The defense isn’t necessarily getting worse, the quality of opponents is getting better

Back