• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

Ellison was wide open in the flat and Hartman never came off the left side of the field.
That is exactly what I was screaming too. That would have gotten the 1st down IMO and possibly made a trip down field to win the game in regulation.

You either blitz and leave our 2nd string DBs in single coverage or you rush 4 and hope you can coax DJ into some bad throw and contain the pocket. I don’t know the right answer but I’m guessing Lamberts plan was the former. As many have said, 3rd down defense was the big culprit today. Couldn’t force punts. And I think we needed Calen Carson and Coby Davis at a minimum today. It’s sucks they were out.

I’m proud of the way we played and feel terrible for the players and coaches. Lots of what ifs, but also think we can build on this and go 1-0 next weekend.

If we would take a few more calculated risks on defense and offense, I swear to god I think it will pay off in games like this. Should have brought home the W today. Go Deacs

Had my 1.5 hour drive back to reflect. We looked like we belonged on the same field with them for the first time in a decade. There are obviously things that have to get better but I think we have a program now that can sustain this level of play.

Last edited:
You either blitz and leave our 2nd string DBs in single coverage or you rush 4 and hope you can coax DJ into some bad throw and contain the pocket. I don’t know the right answer but I’m guessing Lamberts plan was the former. As many have said, 3rd down defense was the big culprit today. Couldn’t force punts. And I think we needed Calen Carson and Coby Davis at a minimum today. It’s sucks they were out.
Agree with this. Though we didn’t blitz and also left our second string DBs in single coverage 10+ times. I’m assuming we had safeties more devoted to RBs/TEs/QB spy. Love Mustapha, but if he doesn’t get boxed out basketball style for 2 TDs by a TE, we win the game in regulation. Think it was him both times but could be wrong.

I don’t truly want to know but what would we have been ranked

Rant incoming…

Looking at the postgame comments, I’m sick of the subtle -or even not so subtle in some cases - narrative that Clemson played badly or had a depleted secondary, or (name your excuse or call here) that allowed Wake to stay close or “make it a game”.

Wake is a damn good football team and could’ve, if not for multiple PI penalties (even a few that were not called) to say touchdowns or first down. Reminded me of Duke basketball using that “they can can’t call everything, can they?’ style of play.

I grew up a Clemson fan but I am tired of the tigers veering the benefit of the doubt with officials and commentators and allowing them to create the narrative that they only beat themselves.

And, after some of comments that Ive read attributed to him, fuck Dabo too. I’ve never said that before but it’s time. He can only soften the blow to the rednecks by saying that they played poorly, or were depleted in the secondary, and that was exactly what I saw reported from him post-game.

I grew up a Clemson fan in the 1970-80-90 time frame. They dominated and we sucked. Everyone still promotes and expects that same lame/lazy narrative, and that pisses me off. Wake is a good football team. Time for the country - and espn in particular - to wake up (no pun intended).

I’ve liked Dabo, and I’ve supported him. My extended family loves him as much as they loved Danny Ford. However, based on what I’ve read attributed to him today, no more. I’m done with Clemson and their shit fans that screamed “sit your ass down” in the Wake section whenever Clemson had a positive play. I went to hundreds of away and home games with my father and grandfather as a Clemson fan and we ALWAYs respected the opponent and never tolerated the asshole and ingrate fans, regardless of the score. So, from now on - god rest my grandfathers’s soul - Clemson can finally fuck off too as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:
Rant incoming…

Looking at the postgame comments, I’m sick of the subtle -or even not so subtle in some cases - narrative that Clemson played badly or had a depleted secondary, or (name your excuse or call here) that allowed Wake to stay close or “make it a game”.

Wake is a damn good football team and could’ve, if not for multiple PI penalties (even a few that were not called) to say touchdowns or first down. Reminded me of Duke basketball de using that “ they can call call everything , can they” style of play?)

I grew up a Clemson fan but I am tired of them getting the benefit of the doubt with officials and commentators and allowing them to create the narrative that they only beat themselves.

And, after some of comments that Ive read attributed to him, fuck Dabo too. I’ve never said that before but it’s time. He can only soften the blow to the rednecks by saying that they played poorly, or were depleted in the secondary, and that was exactly what I saw reported from him post-game.

I grew up a Clemson fan in the 1970-80-90 time frame. They dominated and we sucked. Everyone still promotes and expects that same lame/lazy narrative, and that pisses me off. Wake is a good football team. Time for the country - and espn in particular - to wake up (no pun intended).

I’ve liked Dabo, and I’ve supported him. My extended family loves him as much as they loved Danny Ford. However, based on what I’ve read attributed to him today, no more. I’m done with Clemson and their shit fans that screamed “sit your ass down” in the Wake section whenever Clemson had a positive play. I went to hundreds of away and home games with my father and grandfather as a Clemson fan and we ALWAYs respected the opponent and never tolerated the asshole and ingrate fans, regardless of the score. So, from now on - god rest my grandfathers’s soul - Clemson can finally fuck off too as far as I’m concerned.
This is exactly where I am. Grew up in a Clemson family too going to every game. A Clemson female student in my section today had to be the worst fan I’ve ever seen at a game. Even my mom texted me and said that Clemson was playing dirty. She’s been sick of Dabo for a while. Fuck them and you’re right. We are just as good as they are. Two evenly matched team and the ball bounced their way one more time than ours today. We can sustain this.

We needed Carson and Davis and the other dudes gave it a great effort, but a giant what if outcome.
Agreed. Roberts had a few good moments, but otherwise just got straight bullied by Antonio Williams/Ngata. Multiple times I thought he could've made a play on the ball if he just turned his head. Holmes played significantly better than last week. Thought Wingfield was alright today as well. With Carson, Williams, and Coby Davis out, Holmes/Roberts/Wingfield were on the field at least 90% of the snaps, which is A LOT in a high scoring game like today. Overall, thought the effort was there from the CBs, but obviously just missed Carson out there. He would've matched up with Antonio Williams/Ngata much better than Roberts.

Last edited:
the play I keep coming back to is last drive in regulation, the last first down where Sam catches them sending numbers pre-snap and still hands it off for a loss and we punt three downs later

bad decision — the run did exactly what is was supposed to do to get us that point but you gotta pull and throw that

the play I keep coming back to is last drive in regulation, the last first down where Sam catches them sending numbers pre-snap and still hands it off for a loss and we punt three downs later

bad decision — the run did exactly what is was supposed to do to get us that point but you gotta pull and throw that
I keep replaying it in my head and need to stop

As far as the rankings question goes, Texas lost to a top 5 team and moved into the rankings. If anything, we should go up rather than down after losing to the #5 team in double OT.

For the voters that doubted us after Liberty, this result should make it clear that we are a good team. I agree with what Dabo said in the postgame. That was a battle of two top 15 teams.

the offense wasn't sharp in the 1st half. we were lucky to only be down 6.
Yeah the real killer today was that they came out sharp and jumped out to a 14-0 lead. If we come out a little better then nothing else matters.

As far as the rankings question goes, Texas lost to a top 5 team and moved into the rankings. If anything, we should go up rather than down after losing to the #5 team in double OT.

For the voters that doubted us after Liberty, this result should make it clear that we are a good team. I agree with what Dabo said in the postgame. That was a battle of two top 15 teams.

That’s Texas. Voters are desperate to put Texas into the rankings. I see going up in the AP to make up for dropping 2 spots last week. I don’t see moving into the top 15 in the coaches.

I think we will be ranked below a few 1 loss teams despite having one of the best losses.

Back