• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

Dabo showed his ass today postgame. He has a pulpit and his comments are filtering into the press. Wake is a good team.

Others have said that Dabo is a snake-oil salesman in the past, and I defended him because his neighbors and the media tell me that he’s such a great guy. Now he’s showing Ken Hatfield level of protecting his own ass, even if it means disrespecting his competitors.

Definitely an absolute sea change from the last time Clemson came to Winston

Dabo showed his ass today postgame. He has a pulpit and his comments are filtering into the press. Wake is a good team.

Others have said that Dabo is a snake-oil salesman in the past, and I defended him because his neighbors and the media tell me that he’s such a great guy. Now he’s showing Ken Hatfield level of protecting his own ass, even if it means disrespecting his competitors.
What did he say?

Maybe. I honestly can’t believe more people aren’t #madonline about the lack of blitzing today against a shaky QB. Everyone in my section and everyone I’ve talked to after the game was frustrated and baffled.

Maybe. I honestly can’t believe more people aren’t #madonline about the lack of blitzing today against a shaky QB. Everyone in my section and everyone I’ve talked to after the game was frustrated and baffled.
I was screaming it all day so you’re not alone. But our secondary is weak and depleted. Who knows what would’ve happened with one less player in coverage.

What are you talking about? He said Wake were the Atlantic champs last year for a reason and how good we were. He called Clawson a good man and a "heck of a football coach." The closest thing I can see is that he stated that their corners were freshmen without a ton of experience in response to a question about the injuries of their starters. That's a fact. Can you give me one piece where he disrespected the team or "showed his ass?"

He buried his daughter this week so I’m trying to not be a dick, but fuck Clemson and all their stupid fans.
Don't have sound. Who is that obnoxious asshole Clemson fan they keep showing?

I've been a lurker for years but joined to respond to this chain. This is absolutely despicable. One of the most disgusting things I've ever seen someone post. awakegirl, maybe you're just a complete idiot and don't follow football, but I do. Bryan Bresee's 15 year old sister was honored at the last Clemson game because she's had an 18-month battle with brain cancer. She died earlier this week and half the Clemson team went up to Maryland to attend the funeral with the family, and then the family came down to the game today to be together. ABC was zooming in on Bresee's dad when he made big plays given that.

It's fine to not like Clemson. It's a rivalry (we've played them the third most of any team), and this was one of the hardest losses to them in memory (Getting blown out sucks, which the last 10 games have been, but being this close hits harder). But there are things more important than sports, and your post is absolutely disgusting.

4th and 5 at the 48 I would have gone for that as the underdog

Dabo hate is weird since he is super tight with Clawson
I get it. A lot of people think his "Good ole boy" thing is BS. And while he's friends with Clawson and always sings his praises, he still never holds back in games. A lot of people are still mad about 2018 and 2019. He does put in backups, but in 2019, Trevor Lawrence was still passing halfway through the third quarter up 45-3.

I get it. A lot of people think his "Good ole boy" thing is BS. And while he's friends with Clawson and always sings his praises, he still never holds back in games. A lot of people are still mad about 2018 and 2019. He does put in backups, but in 2019, Trevor Lawrence was still passing halfway through the third quarter up 45-3.
When you are ranked and especially when you are going for BCS titles you need to eviscerate your opponents

What are you talking about? He said Wake were the Atlantic champs last year for a reason and how good we were. He called Clawson a good man and a "heck of a football coach." The closest thing I can see is that he stated that their corners were freshmen without a ton of experience in response to a question about the injuries of their starters. That's a fact. Can you give me one piece where he disrespected the team or "showed his ass?"

I've been a lurker for years but joined to respond to this chain. This is absolutely despicable. One of the most disgusting things I've ever seen someone post. awakegirl, maybe you're just a complete idiot and don't follow football, but I do. Bryan Bresee's 15 year old sister was honored at the last Clemson game because she's had an 18-month battle with brain cancer. She died earlier this week and half the Clemson team went up to Maryland to attend the funeral with the family, and then the family came down to the game today to be together. ABC was zooming in on Bresee's dad when he made big plays given that.

It's fine to not like Clemson. It's a rivalry (we've played them the third most of any team), and this was one of the hardest losses to them in memory (Getting blown out sucks, which the last 10 games have been, but being this close hits harder). But there are things more important than sports, and your post is absolutely disgusting.
Relax and give people a pass in the aftermath of a game like that. Emotions are running high right now. Dabo was gracious for the most part but still plenty of the usual backhanded compliments (their narrative as always is that Wake sucks and they must "fix" stuff so this never happens again) and while there were a handful of decent Clemson fans most were true to form as pompous drunken asshats who feel it's beneath them to have to play us at all. Tigetnet is rife with the tired "we should never be down to WF ever" and other posts trashing our stadium and crowd.

This just isn’t true. You are buying into SEC ESPN hype.
From 2015-2020, this was such a stupid comment by SEC fans. There were Alabama fans after the 44-16 blowout saying that Clemson couldn't handle an SEC schedule. Depending on the schedule, that might be right this year. I admit I don't know how injured their first and second string corners are right now, if they're just banged up or are out for a lot of time. Clemson's defense is like Alabama's, they rely on the front 7 to create pressure and do a lot of things and leave their corners on islands. With the corners that played today, Clemson would lose 3-4 games in the SEC. Young, Bennett, Hooker, and that UF QB would pick on those corners all game long, just like Sam did today. If the corners are just banged up, Clemson's not losing to anyone other than UGA and Alabama in the SEC (and they could theoretically challenge Alabama if DJU plays like he played today and the defense plays like you expect Clemson's D to play).

I think Clemson is really good but I doubt we hang 45 if Venables is still there

That’s not “conservative” unless you are playing NFL Blitz on 64, we didn’t need a Hail Mary, we needed a first down.

TFrkNwgi2K0YvQw116KgFtwJrKLm5xw2lTi4K3bj-pk.jpg

Relax and give people a pass in the aftermath of a game like that. Emotions are running high right now. Dabo was gracious for the most part but still plenty of the usual backhanded compliments (their narrative as always is that Wake sucks and they must "fix" stuff so this never happens again) and while there were a handful of decent Clemson fans most were true to form as pompous drunken asshats who feel it's beneath them to have to play us at all. Tigetnet is rife with the tired "we should never be down to WF ever" and other posts trashing our stadium and crowd.
That's probably fair. It's still bad, no matter how annoyed you are with a game, to badmouth a dead little girl's dad, when you know that just happened. If Clemson had played UNC today, I think many would be talking about how great the story was of a team rallying around a family with tragedy.

I think there are definitely Clemson fans who think Clemson should never play down to Wake. It is a rivalry for both teams, and has been an ugly one outside of the mid-1990s and mid-2000s. And Tigernet is a cesspool (though they seem to think Clemson should kill anyone. Someone defended their Defensive coordinator (dude that looks like Sam from Lord of the Rings) by saying Venables let their free safety get gashed by Chase Claypool in 2019. Not a bad comparison for our guys to draw. But yeah, I think Clemson got used to pummeling everyone in the ACC under Watson and Lawrence, and think when games are close, that it's because their own players struggled and not because the other team was very good. You see the same with Ohio State fans and Alabama fans. FWIW, I think most Clemson fans I know think Wake has the best offense in the ACC and is the best team other than themselves and NC State.

Back