• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Climate Change & Natural Disasters Thread

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere...Utah's great salt lake expected to completely dry up in 5-years if current trends continue.

Heretofore I feel like people of my generation and Gen Z have really talk about climate change catastrophes as something our children would inherit, but you know it kinda seems like the catastrophes are happening to us, right now.

Heretofore I feel like people of my generation and Gen Z have really talk about climate change catastrophes as something our children would inherit, but you know it kinda seems like the catastrophes are happening to us, right now.

Boomers and Gen X talked about climate change catastrophes as something our children would inherit. Your generation and Gen Z are those children.

To be fair a whole lot of boomers didn't believe it would happen because <checks notes> humans can't possible create problems for a PLANET. It's science... or feelings. I'll need to check into it

To be fair a whole lot of boomers didn't believe it would happen because <checks notes> humans can't possible create problems for a PLANET. It's science... or feelings. I'll need to check into it
To be fair, people didn't believe that because they didn't want to believe that. Because they didn't want to be inconvenienced.

Clearly. I'm talking about the boomers who did believe it would happen.

Unfortunately, belief has very little to do with addressing environmental concerns. It's all about money and power ensuring that policy doesn't change. When the biggest contributors to environmental damage are allowed to continue their damage, average citizens have an excuse to overlook the damage they do on a daily basis. Maybe it'a the reverse, probably both. The question I have asked myself for years is, "what can I do today to make for a better world for those that follow."

Last edited:
But belief does seem to drive/enable politics and political power.

Thus sowing misinformation is important for those profiting from the same. And politicizing nearly everything whilst fomenting poisonous partisanship only exacerbates our inability to get needed things done.

Just a little more reseach and then we can be sure of climate change is human caused. Just a little bit more, always.

you know your town is fucked when politicians take photo ops drinking your tap water6B177A2D-C866-48A8-86D9-7399CCFCC817.jpeg

The Republican campaign against “woke capitalism” (E.S.G investing considerations) is lovely and helpful.

So y'all really think too much carbon dioxide, which is what humans breathe out and trees breathe in, is going to lead to the end of humanity?

Back