• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clinton Email Problem

Obama's favorability rating appears to be 30 points above Bush's in most European countries when comparing 2008 to 2014.

yes let's be fair. Obama is loved around the world and only criticized by the racist right in America.

That's basically true. Here's an article from The Atlantic last year on that topic.
http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...d-really-losing-faith-in-barack-obama/371884/

Again, the numbers come from Pew, which has been asking people in key countries every year whether they have “confidence” in America’s president to “do the right thing in world affairs.” Obama’s popularity is down since 2009. Still, in Mexico and Argentina, the president’s 2013 numbers (the most recent we have) are 33 percentage points higher than Bush’s in 2008. In South Korea, the margin is 47 points. In Japan, it’s 45 points. In Brazil, it’s 52 points. In Britain, it’s 56 points. In France, it’s 70 points. In Germany, it’s 74 points.
574617502.png
Pew Research CenterIn case you’re reading quickly, 74 points isn’t Obama’s approval rating in Germany. It’s the gap between his approval rating and Bush’s. In George W.’s final year in office, 14 percent of Germans had faith that the president of the United States would do the right thing internationally. Last year, 88 percent did.

Here's an article from today. Obama has a higher approval rating in Cuba than the Castro brothers.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/poll-obama-popularity-cuba-116777.html

In a Univision Noticias/Fusion poll released Wednesday, a majority of Cubans — 80 percent — said they have a positive opinion of the American president.

Their own leaders? Not so much: Only 47 percent have a positive opinion of Cuban President Raul Castro, and 44 percent have a positive opinion of his brother Fidel. Thirty-nine percent said they are satisfied with the current political system, while 53 percent expressed dissatisfaction.

yes let's be fair. Obama is loved around the world and only criticized by the racist right in America.

Why did you feel the need to throw racist in there? "Criticized by the right in America" encompasses a larger group than the racist right in America.

Besides, foreign countries are more overtly racist than America is.

Why did you feel the need to throw racist in there? "Criticized by the right in America" encompasses a larger group than the racist right in America.

Besides, foreign countries are more overtly racist than America is.

Because it was mentioned that he is portrayed as a muslim or foreigner.

Because it was mentioned that he is portrayed as a muslim or foreigner.

To be fair, many countries do like Muslims and foreigners more than Americans.

Well yeah because he is consistently called those things by a considerable number of people in the GOP. I don't understand your point.

GOP members call him a Muslim and question his status as an American, then you make a mocking "racist right" comment, then say that you chose that language because people on this board "mentioned that he is portrayed as a muslim or foreigner."

That's certainly interesting logic.

Well yeah because he is consistently called those things by a considerable number of people in the GOP. I don't understand your point.

GOP members call him a Muslim and question his status as an American, then you make a mocking "racist right" comment, then say that you chose that language because people on this board "mentioned that he is portrayed as a muslim or foreigner."

That's certainly interesting logic.

Not even getting into this bs. if you can't make the connection that the left have tied racism into the oppostion of Obama's policies as a motivating factor then I don't have time.

who cares if obama is actually a muslim?

No one needs to portray him as dumb.

Yet he outsmarted the country---and three of the three Dems who've run for President since who had a vote at the time---into voting for wars. Is he dumb or did he outsmart his opponents? I can't keep that straight.

The worst things Bush did in his first two years in office according to Democrats was fail to prevent 9/11 and start wars based on it.

The worst thing Obama did in his first two years according to Republicans was pass ACA. I'd include the auto company bailouts, but they don't talk about it that much now.

How exactly should he have prevented 9/11? Among a sea of other intelligence leads, he had info that some unidentified MAMs of Arab descent might be taking flight lessons. Am I to assume President PhDeac would have profiled all such persons from such activities? If not, what concrete steps should he have taken? Please be specific in your response.

Not even getting into this bs. if you can't make the connection that the left have tied racism into the oppostion of Obama's policies as a motivating factor then I don't have time.

The left did this?

seh6p.gif

Yet he outsmarted the country---and three of the three Dems who've run for President since who had a vote at the time---into voting for wars. Is he dumb or did he outsmart his opponents? I can't keep that straight.

How exactly should he have prevented 9/11? Among a sea of other intelligence leads, he had info that some unidentified MAMs of Arab descent might be taking flight lessons. Am I to assume President PhDeac would have profiled all such persons from such activities? If not, what concrete steps should he have taken? Please be specific in your response.

How is Obama supposed to prevent the demise of two parent households?

Karl Rove is really smart.

How is Obama supposed to prevent the demise of two parent households?

Why would he want to do that? He's got to keep the base broad enough for the next generation of Dems.

That's because it is a motivating factor. People in the GOP have consistently said he's not from America and that he's a Muslim. What else other than race and origin would that be based in?

While I don't blame President Bush for 9/11, I do think that it wasn't very smart of his administration to not have more regular security briefings before the attack took place. They took their eye off the ball.

They also had a memo that said "Al Queda planning to fly planes into buildings" (or something to that effect). So, while not every attack is 100% preventable, I do think that the Bush Administration was somewhat caught asleep at the wheel on 9/11.

Oh, and then allowing the Saudi nationals to fly home when every other plane in the country was grounded was a disappointing decision to say the least.

Back