• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Co-DPOY in SEC comes out

how about tim tebow cutting the skin off baby penises all over the world?

an expose on adrian peterson's illegitimate child is probably begging to be reported on. i need an update of how he's dealing with that with a bit of moral outrage.

how about tim tebow cutting the skin off baby penises all over the world?

TIM TEBOW IS OK BECAUSE HE IS A GOOD CHRISTIAN INFLUENCE ON OUR NATION AND THE MEDIA WANTS HIM TO SHUT UP ABOUT JESUS SO WE SHOULD TALK MORE ABOUT HOW GOOD HE IS

elc, what if his story saves one teenager from killing himself in a state where the state legislature is trying to outlaw the lifestyle he's afraid to admit?

I see. So it is Michael Sam's job to save kids now? I guess the parents and friends of the kid would have no say in the issue? Involving children in a debate is like referencing a poll to buttress one's POV. It is completely irrelevant.

This reminds me of the argument, laughably adopted in Kennedy's recent majority decision for SCOTUS, that not recognizing gay marriage fails to afford the children of such marriages the proper sense of dignity. That POV conveniently ignores that the children were knowingly brought into a world where gay marriage had previously not been recognized. Therefore, their presumed plight was not the fault of those Kennedy railed against, but the fault of their parents.

Point being that ultimately we are responsible to ourselves and to our families. If Michael Sam thought his story would help some kid somewhere, fine. I think he just acted for himself because it was known already. He got out in front of the story and it was a smart move. Now teams can determine whether or not they are ready to take on not just Michael Sam, but the story that comes with him.

This reminds me of the argument, laughably adopted in Kennedy's recent majority decision for SCOTUS, that not recognizing gay marriage fails to afford the children of such marriages the proper sense of dignity. That POV conveniently ignores that the children were knowingly brought into a world where gay marriage had previously not been recognized. Therefore, their presumed plight was not the fault of those Kennedy railed against, but the fault of their parents.

jesus dude.

I see. So it is Michael Sam's job to save kids now? I guess the parents and friends of the kid would have no say in the issue? Involving children in a debate is like referencing a poll to buttress one's POV. It is completely irrelevant.

Point being that ultimately we are responsible to ourselves and to our families. If Michael Sam thought his story would help some kid somewhere, fine. I think he just acted for himself because it was known already. He got out in front of the story and it was a smart move. Now teams can determine whether or not they are ready to take on not just Michael Sam, but the story that comes with him.

did you see the post here from a poster that was partly inspired to come out as a 27 yo by a less renowned athlete? how are parents and friends supposed to help if they don't know? and who said it was his responsibility? he did it, and people talking about it positively helps fight the crap like bigots trying to outlaw homosexuality.

also, regarding your second point, you are the worst. genuinely. you just dont get anything. youre tilting at fucking windmills.

He was talking about an athlete's chances of getting drafted. Talking about that issue involved discussion of a social issue. Are sportswriters supposed to just put their hands over their ears and say "NOPE NOPE NOPE JUST GONNA TALK ABOUT 40 TIMES"

You are so blind that you can't distinguish between Hansen's moralizing and the sports angle. Like Ph, you are being obtuse.

Here's the difference between you and me. If Hansen had taken the segment to talk about Sam and moralize that he was some kind of sinning sodomite, you'd be outraged because you'd hate his message. I'd be outraged because I wouldn't think such an editorial is appropriate for his position AND because I'd hate his message.

But he's harping on a sensitive non-sports issue in a manner with which you agree, so it's cool to you. It is not cool to me because I don't think his editorial is appropriate for his position as a sportscaster. I don't hate his message. His overarching conclusion (that Sam being gay shouldn't matter) is correct, but he made a lot of wrong steps and conclusions along the way.

It's everybody's job to save kids.

It's not a racist's fault if they are racist. It's the fault of the black people being born and existing when they knew that racism existed and that they could face racism.

did you see the post here from a poster that was partly inspired to come out as a 27 yo by a less renowned athlete? how are parents and friends supposed to help if they don't know? and who said it was his responsibility? he did it, and people talking about it positively helps fight the crap like bigots trying to outlaw homosexuality.

also, regarding your second point, you are the worst. genuinely. you just dont get anything. youre tilting at fucking windmills.

Yes, I saw that post. Good for him.

States can't outlaw homosexuality since Lawrence.

It's not a racist's fault if they are racist. It's the fault of the black people being born and existing when they knew that racism existed and that they could face racism.

LOL. Such a dumb comparison. I'd expect nothing less from you on the subject.

Is this the Clarence Thomas thread?

i do like elc's certainty that his opinions are better and more valid thatn the group. it's pretty impressive.

LOL. Such a dumb comparison. I'd expect nothing less from you on the subject.

Why is it a dumb comparison? Your point was that the people being discriminated against are at fault for doing something (that everybody should have the right to do) that caused them to be discriminated against.

Back