• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Search Digest *Welcome Coach Manning!**

Our job is better than IL.

I hate Illinois, but it's pretty lazy to simply say that we're a better job. They went to the final four less than ten years ago and they have a prime recruiting pipeline in Chicago (that they've had only marginal success tapping into). I wouldn't say they're much better, but it is pretty even in my book.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hate Illinois, but it's pretty lazy to simply say that we're a better job. They went to the final four less than ten years ago and they have a prime recruiting pipeline in Chicago (that they've had only marginal success tapping into). I wouldn't say they're much better, but it is pretty even in my book.

IL is a pretty good job, Self was successful there...Webber was an idiot and couldn't do anything

What good is having a "pipeline" if you don't tap into it?

You disprove your own premise.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ette-hires-duke-assistant-steve-wojciechowski

Just wanted to prove you wrong because you're the worst.

That is all.

Edit: Yes, I guess Wojo could leave Marquette in 5 years to return to Duke. But let's just calm down and focus on what my real point was. RJ is the worst.

How does that prove that Wojo won'rt be replacing K?

There's nothing stopping Wojo from leaving Marquette in 5-7 years. This is clearly a K approved apprenticeship.

Little boy, come back when you can cross the street without mommy and daddy.

What good is having a "pipeline" if you don't tap into it?

You disprove your own premise.

Just because their coaches haven't done great recruiting Chicago in the past doesn't mean there is a lot of great potential for the right coach to tap into.

I am so glad you all are having this discussion on the coaching search digest thread...otherwise casual readers might just miss out on all the really valuable arguments and crazy talk going on on these boards these days.

Just because their coaches haven't done great recruiting Chicago in the past doesn't mean there is a lot of great potential for the right coach to tap into.

If it hasn't happened in DECADES why would it rise like the phoenix? Wake has had better results in W-S (about 3% of the the size of Chitown) than IL had had in Chicago. We've kept two NBA All Stars at home. They haven't kept any.

So much for the *Coaching digest* version of this search. This thread will be 100 pages of nothing but speculation, bad jokes, and pointless arguments, just like the other thread, by tomorrow evening.

The only Top 10 job that may be open in the next decade is Indiana.

Wake's the best job that will be open in the next 5+ years.

Well unless you are LOWF through and through.

tumblr_m5rhytYH2F1r5g67po1_500.gif

Wisconsin will open up in the next 5 years and that is without question a better job.

Last edited:
It might open up in five years. I agree it's a good job, but look before Ryan. There was one FF under Bennett and mostly crap for fifty years.

WI is one of the perfect examples that it's all about the coach not the school. If they get a "good" coach rather than a star, they will fall back to the second division of the Big 10.

Wisconsin is in the same tier as Wake. Which one would be preferable for a coach is going to be dependent on personal preferences and compensation.

If it hasn't happened in DECADES why would it rise like the phoenix? Wake has had better results in W-S (about 3% of the the size of Chitown) than IL had had in Chicago. We've kept two NBA All Stars at home. They haven't kept any.

You must have a real love/hate relationship with the internet. On the one hand it allows you to spout bullshit 24/7, on the other hand it provides others with a very easy way to refute your bullshit.

Since 1998 Illinois has signed 21 top 100 (RSCI) recruits from the state of Illinois. 6 of those have been from Chicago proper and that number jumps to 12 if you include the suburbs.

I unfortunately still recall a Wake team, with one of those homegrown (if you count suburbs) All Stars you speak of, getting run off the floor by two guys from Chicago (Dee Brown and Luther Head).

Yeah they have let a lot of good ones get away, but to say they don't have any sort of pipeline in Chicago is false.

Wisconsin is in the same tier as Wake. Which one would be preferable for a coach is going to be dependent on personal preferences and compensation.

You should've stopped after the first sentence. What're they doing now?

Back