• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel: Only Penn State Still Open

I could've sworn Chris Peterson turned down the UCLA job last time it was open. It doesn't make sense for him to take it now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin and Dan Mullen (Miss St) both get interviews with Penn State.

Mora was on Seattle radio yesterday saying he would talk to UCLA or Arizona St. if they called. John Clayton was on the same station today and felt Leach to WSU was going to happen.

Leach to WSU makes perfect sense, doesn't it? They've already got the gaudy uniforms he craves.

So Mullen to PSU and Kirby Smart to Ole Miss??

So Mullen to PSU and Kirby Smart to Ole Miss??

Southern Miss coach Larry Fedora is supposedly Ole Miss's top choice and has an offer, but if says no or waits to long to decide they will move on to Kirby Smart

Gregg Doyel at CBS says UNC wants the guy that broke his foot off in our ass Saturday...

greggdoyelcbs:
I'm hearing North Carolina has its eye on Vandy's James Franklin

Saban to Texas, 2013, book it.

If I'm Franklin I'm waiting to hear how hard the Holes are gonna get raped
Are there still pending investigations? I've completely lost track of that. If so, yeah, I'd definitely wait to see what happens with that.

To replace a guy named Everitt Withers that also broke his foot off in our ass.
Franklin's a good coach. One year or not, I bet Maryland wishes they would've hired him instead of Edsall. He seems to be a good motivator and get the most out of what he has. I think it'd be a great hire for North Carolina, or whoever ends up with him.

Franklin is crazy to jump from a SEC school to a middle tier ACC school.

He's got a solid team (good QB too) coming back next season and a real chance to contend in the East as Florida is down, UT is down, Kentucky sucks and who knows what kind of team USC/Georgia will have with NFL defections next year.

UNC would have to pay out the ass to get Franklin, like $3M+. Vandy is about to break the bank to sign him to a long term extension. So to lure him away to a job with impending sanctions would take some serious money. With a weakening SEC East he can wait a few years, put up solid results and get a much better job than UNC.

Franklin is crazy to jump from a SEC school to a middle tier ACC school.

He's got a solid team (good QB too) coming back next season and a real chance to contend in the East as Florida is down, UT is down, Kentucky sucks and who knows what kind of team USC/Georgia will have with NFL defections next year.

UGA will be fine as long as Murray is QB, and there's no way he should be seriously considering leaving. Too small.

Franklin's a good coach. One year or not, I bet Maryland wishes they would've hired him instead of Edsall. He seems to be a good motivator and get the most out of what he has. I think it'd be a great hire for North Carolina, or whoever ends up with him.

Maryland fired the Fridge the day after Vanderbilt announced James Franklin as head coach.

Maryland fired the Fridge the day after Vanderbilt announced James Franklin as head coach.

I'd imagine that there were discussions between Maryland and Franklin before he took the Vanderbilt job.

UNC would have to pay out the ass to get Franklin, like $3M+. Vandy is about to break the bank to sign him to a long term extension. So to lure him away to a job with impending sanctions would take some serious money. With a weakening SEC East he can wait a few years, put up solid results and get a much better job than UNC.

Plus Franklin has all of the job security in the world at Vandy. They've actually got a top 30 recruiting class for 2012.

Back