• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel: Only Penn State Still Open

Winning the Pac-12 South this year doesn't mean much. Other than UCLA, the division includes Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, and USC. Only teams with a winning record are Utah and USC, and USC isn't post season eligible.

For comparison, the ACC Atlantic has 3 teams with winning records, and the ACC Coastal has 4. That's with 6 teams per division instead of 7.

The Atlantic has 4 (Clemson, FSU, Wake, NC State) and the Coastal has 4 (VTech, UNC, UVA, GTech). Can't believe Miami only went .500. Pathetic for such a "football powerhouse".

At least if they hire Calhoun then we can pull the "you only won because you got a Wake guy" card.

pop quiz which 3 teams have perfect conference records this season? Without cheating I don't think anyone could get it.

LSU

Houston

and

drumroll please

Arkansas State (who only lost at VTech by 19 and also lost at Illinois when they were actually decent by 18).

The Atlantic has 4 (Clemson, FSU, Wake, NC State) and the Coastal has 4 (VTech, UNC, UVA, GTech). Can't believe Miami only went .500. Pathetic for such a "football powerhouse".[/QUOTE]

It's funny how many people still think of Miami that way. It drives me nuts when I hear, "the ACC really needs Miami to be good." Why, so Miami can get more national broadcasts of it's home games played in a 70% empty Dolphins stadium? Miami had a great run, but honestly I don't see them ever being a powerhouse again. Too much recruiting competition, bad facilities, and looming NCAA sanctions.

Bruce Feldman reporting Mike Leach has a verbal agreement with Washington State

Pac 12 will be the most exciting conference ever particularly if Sumlin goes to ASU.

Bruce Feldman reporting Mike Leach has a verbal agreement with Washington State

Pac 12 will be the most exciting conference ever particularly if Sumlin goes to ASU.

Maryland had their shot at him last year, but they bought an Edsell instead.

That's a great hire for Wazoo. . .great fit.

BFeldmanCBS:
Mike Leach's deal for 5 yrs & will make him the 3rd-highest paid coach in the Pac-12, according to source

If you can be a crazy SOB in Lubbock, you can surely be a crazy SOB in Pullman as well. Should be fun to watch.

Is there anyone not rooting for Wazzu to become immediate contenders so ESPN is forced to talk about Leach in a positive manner? Craig James is foaming at the mouth in rage right now.

Is there anyone not rooting for Wazzu to become immediate contenders so ESPN is forced to talk about Leach in a positive manner? Craig James is foaming at the mouth in rage right now.

This. Craig James is a gigantic douche.

If it's possible, I think Edsall actually has less support among the Maryland fan base than Bz does among the Wake fan base.

Edsall inherited a much better situation than [Redacted] did yet did even worse.

How do you blow a 20+ point 4th quarter lead?

The Atlantic has 4 (Clemson, FSU, Wake, NC State) and the Coastal has 4 (VTech, UNC, UVA, GTech). Can't believe Miami only went .500. Pathetic for such a "football powerhouse".

Wake does not have a winning record.

Back