• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conditionally Pledging Money to the DC

Does the Deacon Club allow people to conditionally pledge money? For example, I would like to conditionally pledge to donate $500 to the Deacon Club as long as [Redacted] does not start next season as our head coach.

If enough people made these conditional pledges, could it actually act as a catalyst for change? Nothing speaks louder than money.

Add two 00s to that and you can get a meeting. Add three 000s and you have some pull. $500 isn't going to get you dick except maybe the one up your ass when you try and pull a conditional pledge off a bread sticks pledge amount.

Just get comfortable with the position that you have no sway and it'll get easier. Pretend it is a colonscopy if that helps.

Come again?

Why don't you don't understand this?

"I don't understand the ability of some fans to remove Bzz from any responsibility for the mess we are in. The revisionist history that we were an absolute mess before Bzz showed up is absurd.

I have never seen a single person who posts here reflecting like you allege. "

Point A - I have seen no one say that [Redacted] doesn't ascribe some responsibility to [Redacted].

Point B - That we were in a mess has been proven. Knowing it before it happened shows competence.

And back in reality, Crean took 3 full years to fix Indiana. But [Redacted] only gets 2 at Wake Forest.

That is how it is seen by outsiders.

I'm surprised you don't understand...You allege "I don't understand the ability of some fans to remove Bzz from any responsibility for the mess we are in"

I have not seen a single person who has posted anything like your post alleges.

And back in reality, Crean took 3 full years to fix Indiana. But [Redacted] only gets 2 at Wake Forest.

That is how it is seen by outsiders.

I call bullshit. What outsiders? No one is comparing our program to Crean at Indiana, besides a couple of fools on this board.

There's no one who has comapred our program to IU. What some have shown is that even a program as big and powerful as IU took longer to turn around than people on this board is giving [Redacted].

Of course the real amount of time [Redacted] was given by dozens of peoepl here was ZERO.

There's no one who has comapred our program to IU. What some have shown is that even a program as big and powerful as IU took longer to turn around than people on this board is giving [Redacted].

Of course the real amount of time [Redacted] was given by dozens of peoepl here was ZERO.

You actually just compared the programs. You just used Creans timeline as the standard for which Bzz deserves, despite their completely different circumstances.

I'm surprised you don't understand...You allege "I don't understand the ability of some fans to remove Bzz from any responsibility for the mess we are in"

I have not seen a single person who has posted anything like your post alleges.

He is saying you suck at English.

You actually just compared the programs. You just used Creans timeline as the standard for which Bzz deserves, despite their completely different circumstances.

I did not compare the programs. I compared results and time to turn around a program.

If ANYTHING, it should take a Wake coach LONGER to turn it around than a coach at IU.

I did not compare the programs. I compared results and time to turn around a program.

If ANYTHING, it should take a Wake coach LONGER to turn it around than a coach at IU.

Post of the year nominee.

i.e. you compared the programs. You might do better if you actually define how you didn't compare the programs rather than just saying you didn't compare the programs in the midst of comparing them.

RJ agreed with my post, but I don't agree with his.

I think it's perfectly fair to compare the programs. Indiana was fucked. We were fucked. They hired a terrific coach with a great resume and I wish we had done the same. We hired an unknown.

My point is that it makes no sense to be up in arms about firing the unknown when it took even a final four quality coach into his 4th year to rebuild the storied Indiana basketball program. We're halfway through year 2 of a rebuild, like it or not. I'm sure the Indiana boards were frothing with hate for Crean last year.

Firing [Redacted] simply sends the message that Wake is a disaster. I know the NC State game has everyone shitting bricks, but the truth is that we've generally played better with less talent this year, we're at 10 wins, won our ACC opener, and our team has two legitimate ACC starters and has to play walkons when anyone gets in foul trouble.

What do you do when Hurley loses for 2 years? Just keep firing and firing until you get a coach who manages to put up 20 wins in year 2? By this board's standards he'd just be "winning with someone else's recruits" anyway, so what would it prove? You can't have it both ways.

I think it's perfectly fair to compare the programs. Indiana was fucked. We were fucked. They hired a terrific coach with a great resume and I wish we had done the same. We hired an unknown.

My point is that it makes no sense to be up in arms about firing the unknown when it took even a final four quality coach into his 4th year to rebuild the storied Indiana basketball program. We're halfway through year 2 of a rebuild, like it or not. I'm sure the Indiana boards were frothing with hate for Crean last year.

Firing [Redacted] simply sends the message that Wake is a disaster. I know the NC State game has everyone shitting bricks, but the truth is that we've generally played better with less talent this year, we're at 10 wins, won our ACC opener, and our team has two legitimate ACC starters and has to play walkons when anyone gets in foul trouble.

What do you do when Hurley loses for 2 years? Just keep firing and firing until you get a coach who manages to put up 20 wins in year 2? By this board's standards he'd just be "winning with someone else's recruits" anyway, so what would it prove? You can't have it both ways.

What is your personal opinion? Is bzzz the right man for this job?

What is your personal opinion? Is bzzz the right man for this job?

I have seen almost no evidence that [Redacted] is the right person for this job.

There are two things that, up until the NC State debacle (trying to remind myself it's just one game, even UNC can get trounced when everything goes south), give me some glimmer of hope.

1) I really like the incoming class. Not just skill wise, but I enjoy reading their interviews, reactions from other coaches about them, Moto plays near me in DC and looks awesome, etc.

2) I think we've looked better than last year with what I can only describe as a very ACC-talent challenged starting 5.

I certainly don't like [Redacted]'s demeanor, his fan/student interactions, his goofy style, etc. Even though I see progress I can't believe how limited it is. I don't see much evidence that he relates well to players.

I remain hopefull that [Redacted] will take us to an NCAA tourney in year 4, putting us in a position to hand the program off to an up-and-comer or big name coach.

If Bz takes us to the NCAAT in Year 4, he's going to be the coach for awhile whether he returns to the tournament in Year 5 or not.

No, Indiana was fucked. We were coming off an NCAA Tournament win with a shit-ton of recruiting momentum, and had some off-the-court incidents that would be considered relatively minor at almost any other high-major program and would probably be actively encouraged by Calipari. Yet, instead of finding someone to build on our many positives and just weed out the bad aspects or sweep them under the rug, we hired someone to pull that rug out from underneath our own feet.

If Bz takes us to the NCAAT in Year 4, he's going to be the coach for awhile whether he returns to the tournament in Year 5 or not.

What are you basing that on? Gut feeling?

If we are one and done in the tournament as a bubble team in year 4, it will completely depend on [Redacted]'s desire to continue coaching, Wellman's level of patience, and what coaches are available. If we were to regress the following year I would sure hope to hell that we wouldn't keep a coach that over 5 years could barely get a single NCAA tourney game before backsliding.

There are plenty of scenarios where [Redacted] is replaced. Wellman isn't a loon like some on these boards, but he will certainly pull the trigger earlier than people would think. Just look at Dino.

Back