• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

The state of Florida is going after the GOR and ESPN/Disney in court.

In a statement Thursday, Moody said she requested, among other items: An executed copy of the multimedia agreement between the ACC and ESPN; an executed copy of the 2014 amended multimedia agreement; an executed copy of the ACC grant of rights agreement; any other executed agreements with ESPN; and any other executed agreements between the ACC and the Walt Disney Company.

"One of Florida's top universities is facing the possibility of forfeiting more than half a billion dollars, and the ACC is refusing to hand over the agreements at the center of this astronomical financial penalty," Moody said in a statement. "They are unlawfully keeping these documents locked away in North Carolina. However, North Carolina and Florida state laws are clear that these agreements are public records and must be handed over immediately. Today, I am taking action to ensure FSU and the public are able to review these agreements."

What are your thoughts on GT? Do we honestly believe the Atlanta TV market makes it worthwhile? If so, then you may as well just invite Georgia State.
I've been to Atlanta many times. I haven't seen much GT gear being worn outside of its campus. I've seen a ton of UGa gear. GT is an afterthought to UGa across the state and even in the Atlanta area. I'm sure Biff agrees. Contrast that in SC where it feels like a more even split between Clemson and USC. So no, I doubt the B1G would want GT, although academically, GT would be a great fit because the B1G has mostly great academic schools outside of tOSU.

I've been to Atlanta many times. I haven't seen much GT gear being worn outside of its campus. I've seen a ton of UGa gear. GT is an afterthought to UGa across the state and even in the Atlanta area. I'm sure Biff agrees. Contrast that in SC where it feels like a more even split between Clemson and USC. So no, I doubt the B1G would want GT, although academically, GT would be a great fit because the B1G has mostly great academic schools outside of tOSU.
Having lived in both Atlanta and SC, I agree with this.

The state of Florida is going after the GOR and ESPN/Disney in court.

They seem to be latching on to the documents being in Charlotte as their only argument. This seems ridiculous to me.

Why would any conference want a buncha loudmouth dumbasses in FSU. And I’m just speaking about their administration not even touching on the fan base.

FSU just can't shut the hell up. Yapping about how the ACC fears discovery. Never thinking legal discovery cuts both ways. To my knowledge the ACC response has been a 4 paragraph announcement suing the renegades. These people are the Donald Trump of convicting yourself cuz you just can't shut your mouths and what the big bad FSU is gonna do to the small fry ACC. The hubris is off the scale.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

FSU just can't shut the hell up. Yapping about how the ACC fears discovery. Never thinking legal discovery cuts both ways. To my knowledge the ACC response has been a 4 paragraph announcement suing the renegades. These people are the Donald Trump of convicting yourself cuz you just can't shut your mouths and what the big bad FSU is gonna do to the small fry ACC. The hubris is off the scale.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Yep. Tell me again how it's the ACC's fault that Norvell played Travis against a non-conference cupcake?! Geez.

They were losing 13-0 at the end of the first quarter when he got hurt.
Small sample size, but maybe the committee thought that if a team with their star QB that could fall behind North Alabama 13-0 in the first quarter ,that same team with a fill-in QB whose name sounds like the creator of Star Trek could possibly fall behind a Michigan-type team by a lot more and a lot quicker.

Having lived a mile from the GT campus for past 3 years, I second this. I feel like it's more of a UGA, FSU, UNC, Auburn, AL and Ole Miss town than GT.

Or how Swofford induced them to hire Willie Taggart
Nah that was Stan Wilcox and both were hires due to race when there were definitely more qualified African American ADs and Coaches for those roles like Deion Sanders who had an Associate Arts degree.

Nah that was Stan Wilcox and both were hires due to race when there were definitely more qualified African American ADs and Coaches for those roles
so it sounds like they were not hired due to race and hired because the decision makers thought they were the best people for the job

Having lived a mile from the GT campus for past 3 years, I second this. I feel like it's more of a UGA, FSU, UNC, Auburn, AL and Ole Miss town than GT.

Throw in UF as well. Tons of Gators in the ATL (just a little more quiet these days compared to the mid-90's and late 00's).

GT even as a public school suffers from many of the same "numbers" and attendance issues as Wake.

so it sounds like they were not hired due to race and hired because the decision makers thought they were the best people for the job
Wilcox wanted an African American football coach and can't much blame him but, yes Willie Taggart was the wrong person for the job.

Back