• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

is FSU hoping that their public bitching will cause the ACC just to say "fine if you wanna leave, leave"?
Hell I’ll buy them airplane tickets and pack their bags for them as long as they pay their fines for leaving

Won't happen because Notre Dame but "ideally" add SMU, Cal, Stanford, Notre Dame, Washington, Oregon.

Bucket 1:
California, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, SMU

Bucket 2:
Wake Forest, Duke, NC State, UNC, Clemson

Bucket 3:
Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Bucket 4:
Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Louisville, Syracuse

Play everyone in your bucket and then 4 others.

Yep. Any new teams added would vote to accept the terms of the GOR but it doesn't change the GOR for the current members.
Is it too much to ask the Gods of Irony that the Firms that locked this thing down for 25 years used Wake grads to draft it?

Attachments

• gettyimages-77343539-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-77343539-612x612.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 25
Yep. Any new teams added would vote to accept the terms of the GOR but it doesn't change the GOR for the current members.

Would newly added schools also benefit from
the buy-out associated with a school (like FSU) leaving? If so, maybe ACC teams want to wait on adding new schools after an FSU announcement so only current members get the buyout…

is FSU hoping that their public bitching will cause the ACC just to say "fine if you wanna leave, leave"?

I don't know. But their argument that they're a very valuable media brand and deserve a greater and unequal distribution of the revenue, while missing the ACC Championship Game the past eight seasons isn't terribly persuasive.

The whole country is going to be laughing at them when LSU whips them in a few weeks.

Somewhere the people from the University of Maryland can't stop laughing.

As much as I love seeing FSU bitch, leadership needs to come up with some sort of action plan for when the ACC blows up, either tomorrow or in 2030

Maybe some sort of Magnolia League redux? (Rice, Tulane, SMU, Wake, Dook maybe??)

which is immediately invalidated when you look at who overtook them as the conference superpower and how successful they've been in the LOACC.
I’m thinking they just found someone to read the new revenue sharing deal that requires actually winning to see the benefit.

Does FSU have a standing offer from the SEC or Big Ten?

if anything is good for the fsu football brand, it’s following the leadership of Drew Weatherford.
We certainly know he's not going to do any better than Xavier Lee. We saw that in 2006.

You can easily compete for championships in the ACC. You can’t if you suck which is why FSU can’t compete for them recently.

Back