• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

If the whole thing is going to blow up anyway, I'd be fine with this taking place almost immediately; then, WFU,Duke, UNC, NCSU, UVA, GT and a couple more could go back to playing games on Saturdays with mostly 1p kickoffs a 3 hr. games. And back to the old home-away basketball schedules, etc.

If the whole thing is going to blow up anyway, I'd be fine with this taking place almost immediately; then, WFU,Duke, UNC, NCSU, UVA, GT and a couple more could go back to playing games on Saturdays with mostly 1p kickoffs a 3 hr. games. And back to the old home-away basketball schedules, etc.
Add Vandy

So you have ND saying add cal and Sandford, but it doesn't create enough money. You have someone quoted as saying basically who cares what ND thinks if they are only a partial member. You have part of the conference that might have a vested interest in the conference not surviving long term. i.e. there can't be a GOR if there is no conference. How do you get to 12 of 15 votes on anything?

You can't even make a deal on saying to FSU, vote yes and we'll lower the buyout because we think it makes the conference as a whole more likely to survive, because then someone else with delusions will say but I want my shot at SEC/BIG $$$. You can't do for them and not for me.. It's like a survivor game where everyone is adrift at sea in a raft. If you bring on two people all of you might survive, but keeping them off the raft means the two strongest probably will survive, but there is a chance either way that none of you will survive, but you know none of you are going to die in the next couple of days so you don't feel the pressure do anything now. I'm not listing all the dynamics, two are buds because they really like each other. Two are buds because they were forced together by their dad (politics), but if given a chance to be alone, they would take it.. Some the families back home get along, some don't.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
At the moment, the final decisions are made by university presidents. They get the vote on who they offer bids to, and they care, a lot, about academics. They care most about money, but they certainly consider academics, as strange as it might seem, when voting on their potential offers.

If this is all about TV Revenue and College Football. How on earth does this make any sense?
A million american-style football players are playing in Europe. Granted, not all at university, but still. Has the potential to open a whole new market.

A million american-style football players are playing in Europe. Granted, not all at university, but still. Has the potential to open a whole new market.
Who is watching Queen Mary University vs Virginia Tech at 7:30AM EST on a Saturday? not to mention the travel issues
Come on. Absurd

Back