• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I am all for a state funded public university paying $572 million dollars to leave the ACC and join the Big 12. There will be 0 educational ramifications to this and we will all be better off.
They won't have to pay that number based on everything the ACC has failed to deliver to it's members. One example is ACC Network which was 4 years behind schedule which robbed members of money and set us even further behind SEC.

Eh, for Notre Dame the financial side is a given, but looking back they've had some playoff-potential teams get derailed by having to over-schedule compared to an ACC season.

In the past 5 years they made the CFP once, and it was the one year they were in the ACC. Assuming FSU gets the #4 spot this year if Travis is healthy, you could definitely make the argument that Notre Dame has had multiple teams in that stretch that would have had a better shot in the ACC versus having to go out and schedule Ohio State or whoever.

They won't have to pay that number based on everything the ACC has failed to deliver to it's members. One example is ACC Network which was 4 years behind schedule which robbed members of money and set us even further behind SEC.
So the number that FSU's own lawyers are saying it will cost to leave is already not true? Well then, I have even more faith in their lawyers getting this thing accomplished. Start getting that FSU vs. Cincinnati Rivalry trophy ready! Can we call it the Crime off of I-85?

Eh, for Notre Dame the financial side is a given, but looking back they've had some playoff-potential teams get derailed by having to over-schedule compared to an ACC season.

In the past 5 years they made the CFP once, and it was the one year they were in the ACC. Assuming FSU gets the #4 spot this year if Travis is healthy, you could definitely make the argument that Notre Dame has had multiple teams in that stretch that would have had a better shot in the ACC versus having to go out and schedule Ohio State or whoever.
They made it in 2019 and got boat-raced by Clemson

Who am I supposed to believe? A guy on the internet or the team who put together the numbers for a formal presentation to the board?

Who am I supposed to believe? A guy on the internet or the team who put together the numbers for a formal presentation to the board?

Depends; how many times did each party travel to ACC headquarters to review the documents in person?

My Biggest question is why FSU isn't bringing out their big dog lawyers, Ben Crump (Civil Rights) and Jose Baez (Casey Anthony)? lol

Apparently being an FSU fan requires a tremendous ability to be able to convince yourself that the things you wish to be true actually are true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back