• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Good to know; so the ACC gets 17 units spread among 15 schools = 1.13 units / school

The Big XII gets 15 units spread among 14 schools = 1.07 units / school (same for the B1G)

SEC 1.14 units / school

etc

The "success incentive initiative" payouts start in 2024-25, so I believe those 5 schools earning the units this year will eventually receive a larger share of those earned units, rather than it being split across the board (since the NCAA pays them out over a 6-year span).

I don't know if the Wake admin starting with Hatch realized that for a lot of students, the only thing separating Wake from all of the other pretty good southern liberal arts schools was playing in the ACC

With Wake getting pounded in college rankings, dropping down to a non-P5 level conference really distorts what Wake Forest is and why a lot of alums went there
I’m happy I’m here and I will be regardless of realignment but I’m not sure if high school me would’ve give Wake the same consideration if it wasn’t in the ACC

I don't know if the Wake admin starting with Hatch realized that for a lot of students, the only thing separating Wake from all of the other pretty good southern liberal arts schools was playing in the ACC

With Wake getting pounded in college rankings, dropping down to a non-P5 level conference really distorts what Wake Forest is and why a lot of alums went there
It's probably the biggest reason I picked Wake over Washington & Lee.

If I remember correctly, our logo changed to that logo about midway through my stay.

i can't wrap my head around protein requirements for building and maintaining muscle

how the fuck did humans survive with such requirements? the math on caloric expenditure to acquire protein is totally fucked if you're supposed to eat so much.

i guess way more people died from nutritional based problems than i can comprehend?

I don't eat nearly enough protein. If you asked me before I started working out regularly, I would have thought I ate too much.

Years ago, TK Hearn stated the two biggest factors in the growth of WFU were the move to Winston, and the move into the ACC
Hearn got it. I don't know if Hatch did. Seems like Wake started feeling itself and forgot sports separates it from similar universities.

I don't eat nearly enough protein. If you asked me before I started working out regularly, I would have thought I ate too much.

Hearn got it. I don't know if Hatch did. Seems like Wake started feeling itself and forgot sports separates it from similar universities.
when Hatch started referring to people as "Wake Foresters" it was all over

Back