• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I don't eat nearly enough protein. If you asked me before I started working out regularly, I would have thought I ate too much.

Hearn got it. I don't know if Hatch did. Seems like Wake started feeling itself and forgot sports separates it from similar universities.
How are we feeling about Wente’s perspective?

ah thanks I don’t subscribe to The Athletic. Wonder whether Wakes admin is supportive of this

ah thanks I don’t subscribe to The Athletic. Wonder whether Wakes admin is supportive of this
Of course they are. Being in a visible sports conference directly equates to better academics. I believe our most competitive admissions year is still the year after CP3’s freshman year.

Do we have enough quad 1 wins to qualify?
not a Bad idea but those permanent 70 schools should drop out if they don’t perform

I like relegation. It means you can’t be content hoping to make a bowl. Everyone should be able to get relegated. Make Miami and Nebraska spend a couple years playing Eastern Michigan.

Interesting idea, but seems like one of those complicated things that involves so many stakeholders and requires so much collective action so as to be practically impossible. Like revamping the US health care system. Glad they included the Deacs though!

Honestly, it looks like a good plan. 10 divisions means 9 division games plus 3 non-division games which gives teams some freedom to maintain traditional rivalries. This also gives G5 teams a legit chance to play their way into the playoff. I assume G5 teams would want some guarantees that they'll get a solid proportion of those 3 x 70 non-conference games to give their teams a chance at an at-large bid. I assume they won't have division championship games since all teams will play each other.

when Hatch started referring to people as "Wake Foresters" it was all over
I remember having multiple conversations with one of the speech writers about this when I worked for the university. The line I was fed was that only athletes are considered “Demon Deacons”. It was easily the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. That’s just not true with any school.

I remember having multiple conversations with one of the speech writers about this when I worked for the university. The line I was fed was that only athletes are considered “Demon Deacons”. It was easily the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. That’s just not true with any school.
I’m sure there are some gatherings of North Carolina Statinians (North Carolinian Staters?) in Phoenix this week.

Back