• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Relative parity between the top of the ACC (Clemson) and the top of the Big Ten and SEC

Despite everyone in a conference bringing in the same conference-related revenue, there has always been and will continue to be revenue differences within conferences (Clemson makes more money than WF; ditto OSU and Northwestern)
The better comparisons (for now) are south carolina - clemson and uf-fsu.

Last edited:
Politics is going to kill football in the southeast. Forced fatherhood if you make a generational misjudgement is a loser. The next big thing in recruiting. Come here where you have tradional freedoms.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Clemson and FSU are very worried about their rivalries. And I get it. They figure they can get to 11-0 or 10-1 and contend. But if SC and UF are better resourced, that could cost them an at-large bid. I still think there are diminishing returns on excessive football spending. Is an extra steak per recruit going to give them that much of an advantage? The key will be if they can pay players from the TV deals.

Politics is going to kill football in the southeast. Forced fatherhood if you make a generational misjudgement is a loser. The next big thing in recruiting. Come here where you have tradional freedoms.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

We’ll see how many will stick around universities where the states promote blatant pro-white agendas. Athletes are shielded from much of they but for how long. It will be interesting to see how long athletes will attend universities where it’s hard to get an abortion.

But I imagine if a star women’s hooper gets pregnant before the season, these SEC and Big Ten red state programs will have no problem finding somebody to help her out and keeping it quiet no matter how illegal it is.

But I imagine if a star women’s hooper gets pregnant before the season, these SEC and Big Ten red state programs will have no problem finding somebody to help her out and keeping it quiet no matter how illegal it is.
Think they’ll care that much about a women’s basketball player?

Clemson and FSU are very worried about their rivalries. And I get it. They figure they can get to 11-0 or 10-1 and contend. But if SC and UF are better resourced, that could cost them an at-large bid. I still think there are diminishing returns on excessive football spending. Is an extra steak per recruit going to give them that much of an advantage? The key will be if they can pay players from the TV deals.

We’ll see how many will stick around universities where the states promote blatant pro-white agendas. Athletes are shielded from much of they but for how long. It will be interesting to see how long athletes will attend universities where it’s hard to get an abortion.

The bold is inevitable, and everyone knows it. All the scrambling around conference realignment is planning for paying players directly.

The bold is inevitable, and everyone knows it. All the scrambling around conference realignment is planning for paying players directly.

Yep. And shame on schools like Wake for fighting progress instead of working toward an equitable season.

Yep. And shame on schools like Wake for fighting progress instead of working toward an equitable season.
Has Wake been any different than any other schools to invite the shame? Seems like schools have been pretty universally implicit in protecting the status quo until it's gone.

Don’t we want Wake to be ahead of the curve? That’s how we gain an advantage.

Don’t we want Wake to be ahead of the curve? That’s how we gain an advantage.
Do you believe there was a way for Wake to be ahead of the curve with the sec and big devouring all the other conferences? I don't

Wait what? How is Wake "fighting progress" and what exactly is a "pro white" agenda in this context?

Leon County judge denies ACC’s motion to stay FSU’s lawsuit, so for now, we’re continuing with dueling cases in NC and FL and headed for chaos (IMO).

Seems logical given espn’s financial woes. It’s also been my understanding that the mothership have not been good faith actors either. The perceived media bias against the ACC might be genuine with an effort to erode the conference and end up with a financial landscape that better suits them.

I think we end up with a Super League

I have some sauces that predicted a Super League like outcome a year or 2 ago

Wake would be on the bubble, but my understanding is that teams could earn their way in/out of the top 60 or 70 based on performance
Feel like a college football premier league and relegation system would be pretty awesome, all things considered. Much better than a SEC/Big10 duopoly.

Seems logical given espn’s financial woes. It’s also been my understanding that the mothership have not been good faith actors either. The perceived media bias against the ACC might be genuine with an effort to erode the conference and end up with a financial landscape that better suits them.
Yeah that’s been my thought on the bias. I have wondered on this thread and elsewhere how ESPN plans to pay these crazy media deals as the years go on in light of cord cutting eliminating a big chunk of their funding through cable packages. Will be interesting to see if their standalone streamer takes off. Seems like ESPN availability has been the final thing keeping would-be cord cutters from doing it.

Yeah that’s been my thought on the bias. I have wondered on this thread and elsewhere how ESPN plans to pay these crazy media deals as the years go on in light of cord cutting eliminating a big chunk of their funding through cable packages. Will be interesting to see if their standalone streamer takes off. Seems like ESPN availability has been the final thing keeping would-be cord cutters from doing it.
Mark Packer has basically said as much, and he has been on the inside.

Feel like a college football premier league and relegation system would be pretty awesome, all things considered. Much better than a SEC/Big10 duopoly.
I like the idea of playing new teams for variety’s sake. If we never played BC or Cuse again I’d be fine but I will miss the more traditional ACC opponents, at least the NC ones and UVA. So hopefully can have some combo.

I like the idea of playing new teams for variety’s sake. If we never played BC or Cuse again I’d be fine but I will miss the more traditional ACC opponents, at least the NC ones and UVA. So hopefully can have some combo.
I didn't realize how much I missed maryland until #LowderAfterDark heckling those assholes with @deacdixieboy in the middle of the night just brought back great memories.

Back