• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Music Discussion Thread

+1 to John Moreland. I saw him open for Caleb Caudle in front of like 60 people at the Garage a couple years ago and since then have seen him open for Dawes and Isbell.

I don't know how I feel about Dawes, sometimes I can dig it, other times it is a little depressing

Kenny Chesney is the moder day country music GOAT, imo. Big fan of Church as well, App State roots included. Was big on the last Old Dominion album and enjoyed seeing them open for Kenny last summer and recently at Coyote Joes

Is Chesney still considered country, or is he full Jimmy Buffet genre at this point?

I like this song, because I am tired of hearing songs about trucks everytime I turn on the radio. Erryone knows Wranglers > Trucks, and nobody but Eric Church is writing songs about Jeeps.

Ryan bingham might be my favorite active musician across genres.

Saw Roger Creager at the Pour House in Raleigh. It was great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

the best country band of all time?

the rolling stones. true story.

On a big High Valley kick lately-- (they sing that song "Make You Mine"). They're whole album is kinda Mumford-ish and really really good.

Also love Maren Morris and Old Dominion's entire album-- was front row at OD a couple months ago, they put on an awesome show.

Saw Old Dominion at Johnny and Junes last year. It was right when they released their new album, so they were still covering a bunch of stuff, but had a few new songs too. They were really good.

Couple of great records from sources you might not expect on the Country spectrum:

Everly Brothers:

Great Speckled Bird (led by Ian and Sylvia):

Again borderline, but really dug this album last year:

Workingman's is definitely a country album. Just has the Dead weirdness to go along with it. Steel guitar, classic country riffs, lyrical themes and everything.

Back