• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

Why? Wouldn't it be easier to stop if we knew how it was spreading?

Because while this may be true it could also give a lot of insight to mafia. What if the virus starts with a vote on the Indy and then spreads if someone either uses a night action on the Indy or uses their action on someone who has the virus from voting for the Indy?

For the duff example, he didn’t vote for Ph but said he got the virus. Could it be because he used a night action on Ph or someone came to visit him? We have no idea about the mechanics and I think the mafia is just as interested in figuring out said mechanics as town to hunt specials so it’s not alignment determinative as to how the mechanics work (other than both wanting the Indy to fail)

playing like shit, but don't know if that's just par for the course or a game condition

if my tone changes drastically today it's because a fucking UK tax law just got delayed for implementation til 2021 and it's fucking up my work life so bad

we just branched three code bases to do accounting in one system of record, hands off, and now we have to re-branch all those and it's not entirely a sunk cost but it sure does feel like a huge opportunity cost loss since i could have been doing way better shit with my projects than accounting for tax compliance that was never going to be implemented

That's a lot of words I don't understand smashed together. I'm sorry though?

To add to the chorus, I also got COVID. Apparently last night.

If we all die overnight, this will be a mighty short mafia game.

So we trying to get an official coronacount or y'all trying to play it cool?

I also was infected last night and was not on ryala. I didn’t think it was smart to come out with this because at the time I thought it would likely kill me and I would rather mafia waste a hit on a dead guy but with how it’s worked so far and the number of infected, I’m doubting this is the case, so more information is likely better.

Agreed - Redwing has 7 votes. No point in majoing with an hour left unless everyone has checked in.

Do you agree on killing redwing today overall though? If not redwing who else would you be down for - still think SD3 is bad?

Redwing townie and SD3 are my top mafia picks right now.

Still believe Ph is the Indy.

Strong civ leans on ryala, Eagles, and QT

So a couple of things briefly about SD3: eventually mafia is going to purposefully dumbtell because there have been about 5 civs who have done it in recent games and it ends up clearing them. But SD3 commenting on damo for like 7 straight posts seems like that's an extreme the night after he's hit by the mafia. There was a debate in some pre-game thread recently about what angle shooting is and whether it exists. Romanov & SD3 as teammates in the runup to the deadline coordinating efforts to make each switch to the other is not angle shooting. What IS angle shooting, is if they are both teammates, and it's designed so that romanov intentionally night posts to switch at 4:31. If that's intentional, it's against the rules & the spirit of the game, and considering sd3 said he had a clock up to 10:30:50 when he posted, there's no other way to interpret that if they're teammates. Long story short, I don't think they're both mafia together & if they are, it was bullshit what happened, so I have Sd3 in the not mafia pile at this time.

what makes you think redwing is bad if ph is indy?

Makes sense. Why was he desperately watching the clock to the second to self preserve as a vanilla civ though? Just a bad play?

Also strong civ lean on Da

redwing is dying this round - there isn't another way for the round to end unless someone counters Ph. And I think 03 is still as good a target as anyone afterward.

what makes you think redwing is bad if ph is indy?

Indy has powers of some sort i would imagine and he wouldn’t have any reason as Indy not to wanna take out mafia too. Ph was called out by ryala as visiting redwing and so it would be a win win for ph as Indy to disclose that he’s the cop to cover up his Indy role while gaining cred with the town for pointing out redwing.

Redwing townie and SD3 are my top mafia picks right now.

Still believe Ph is the Indy.

Strong civ leans on ryala, Eagles, and QT

I dont have a bad read on townie. Parlay, Redwing, WFU03 are in my section of could possible vote for. Ph should work itself out after redwing.

Per his previous comment, I'm assuming numbers hasn't disclosed if he is infected or not? I'll keep my vote there for now and not risk switching to a known infected player.

Also, lol if mafia redwing and mafia rom both missed chances to save rom at the buzzer yesterday

Back