• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 101 - Virginia Can Eat A Bag Of Dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to skull fuck this weather in Winston-Salem right now. Please stick around, sunshine.

Japan has ruined US sushi for me. Their conveyer belt places beat most nice US restaurants I've tried, hands down.

its a Moon parody, he's mentioned before that you used to be a Juggalo. I only remember that because I'm pretty sure that's not true at all.

umm yeah definitely not. I think I was just wearing blue lip gloss in the high school pics I posted. I definitely never liked Insane Clown Posse.

yes, what do you want to do with it? any preferences? things you don't like?

No preferences really. I just bought a bunch yesterday and want to make something healthy with it.

No preferences really. I just bought a bunch yesterday and want to make something healthy with it.

if you're interested in a breakfast dish with it, i've really loved making this lately:

1 cup water
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
pinch of salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed (keep the juice)
2 tbsp toasted almonds, chopped

bring the water, quinoa, and salt to a boil. turn to low and simmer, uncovered, until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, and cover with a lid. let rest for 5 minutes. fluff quinoa with a fork, spoon into bowls. drizzle honey over quinoa and add strawberries with their juice to each bowl. sprinkle tops with almonds.

You should be happy that the waitress incorrectly assumed you were a man.

Nah it was cool, I had recognized her from one of my morning runs and she has seen my incredibly masculine running style, all good

jynehepu.jpg

What a moron. 9 months of having a sober driver before your life changes forever FTW.

I agree. I had a friend who gave up drinking as well. His wife pretty much said, "if I can't, you can't."

I enjoyed having 9 months of a sober driver. Actually, even longer, because she didn't drink when she was nursing.

I was visiting my pregnant sister the other week and her husband and I were drinking assorted beers. She kept asking if she could just smell the beer. Poor sister, just wants a little beer!

I think during pregnancy I'd have to start drinking juice or something, which is of course just filled with sugar. But I'd want something besides water.

i also like to cut the top off of peppers, fill them with (cooked) quinoa and maybe spicy sausage or something, and toss them on the grill for a few (in aluminum foil).

most often i just cook it like rice and use it as a side. not exactly inventive, but it's healthy and good as a side to meat and veggies.

I was visiting my pregnant sister the other week and her husband and I were drinking assorted beers. She kept asking if she could just smell the beer. Poor sister, just wants a little beer!

I think during pregnancy I'd have to start drinking juice or something, which is of course just filled with sugar. But I'd want something besides water.

I drank o'douls because it at least tasted a little like beer. I missed beer so much.

FWIW, I ate sushi, soft cheeses (they are all pretty much pasteurized in the US) and unheated up lunch meat and drank things with caffeine (though I did limit that on advice of my OB to under 300 mgs a day. She said that and alcohol are the only things with documented effects). My OB said the risk from sushi or lunch meat is the listeria or food poisoning and so if you aren't getting food poisoning or having a listeria outbreak, there's no risk to the baby, and so as long as it's from a reputable source, go for it. YMMV and it's up to you and your doc to decide what is right for you

I drank o'douls because it at least tasted a little like beer. I missed beer so much.

FWIW, I ate sushi, soft cheeses (they are all pretty much pasteurized in the US) and unheated up lunch meat and drank things with caffeine (though I did limit that on advice of my OB to under 300 mgs a day. She said that and alcohol are the only things with documented effects). My OB said the risk from sushi or lunch meat is the listeria or food poisoning and so if you aren't getting food poisoning or having a listeria outbreak, there's no risk to the baby, and so as long as it's from a reputable source, go for it. YMMV and it's up to you and your doc to decide what is right for you

Oh and on the juice thing...my main craving was lemonade and OJ, the more citrus-y and cold the better...I bet that's where most of my weight came from and not the ice cream, chocolate and cake I always assumed I would pig out on (though let's be honest, there was plenty of that too)

o douls is surprisingly not bad

Oh and on the juice thing...my main craving was lemonade and OJ, the more citrus-y and cold the better...I bet that's where most of my weight came from and not the ice cream, chocolate and cake I always assumed I would pig out on (though let's be honest, there was plenty of that too)

did you have any really bizarre cravings? like maybe you don't usually crave lemonade and OJ, but they're not bizarre things. did you crave really weird stuff?

Alex Trebek isn't renewing his contract in 2016. I wonder what that gig pays and who is going to go for it.

did you have any really bizarre cravings? like maybe you don't usually crave lemonade and OJ, but they're not bizarre things. did you crave really weird stuff?

I wanted to put marshmallows in pretty much everything (ice cream, peanut butter sandwiches, crackers), and it was the texture that I wanted. I never ever drink lemonade or OJ though so for me those we weird (and right after E was born the carton of OJ I couldn't get enough of the week before went bad in the fridge because I had no desire to touch it. instantaneously went away) but I never got the like, lysol, cigarette ash, dirt cravings

What is it about quinoa that has caused it to become all the rage now? Is it that much healthier than other grains? Or what? And, why has it just become so popular now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back