• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 101 - Virginia Can Eat A Bag Of Dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The show's production company, Sony Pictures Television, has considered Matt Lauer to be his replacement for the 2016–2017 season;[8] the Today lead anchor's name is said to be at the top of SPT's list of candidates for next-generation Jeopardy! hosts, which also includes Anderson Cooper, Brian Williams, and Dan Patrick.[9]"

I drank o'douls because it at least tasted a little like beer. I missed beer so much.

FWIW, I ate sushi, soft cheeses (they are all pretty much pasteurized in the US) and unheated up lunch meat and drank things with caffeine (though I did limit that on advice of my OB to under 300 mgs a day. She said that and alcohol are the only things with documented effects). My OB said the risk from sushi or lunch meat is the listeria or food poisoning and so if you aren't getting food poisoning or having a listeria outbreak, there's no risk to the baby, and so as long as it's from a reputable source, go for it. YMMV and it's up to you and your doc to decide what is right for you

Right, but I wouldn't worry about getting listeria yourself. Most adult immune systems handle it just fine, but if it gets into the placenta or whatever, it's safe from the immune system there and will defs kill the babeh.

What is it about quinoa that has caused it to become all the rage now? Is it that much healthier than other grains? Or what? And, why has it just become so popular now?

quinoa is a complete protein (so it has all 9 of the amino acids, in the right proportions), and that's rare for non-meat sources. that's why typically rice and beans are paired together. because by themselves, they're not complete, but combined they are complete. but quinoa is complete by itself. it also has higher protein levels than most grains, so it appeals more to people who want to increase their protein levels.

Right, but I wouldn't worry about getting listeria yourself. Most adult immune systems handle it just fine, but if it gets into the placenta or whatever, it's safe from the immune system there and will defs kill the babeh.

pregnancy suppresses your immune system though. that's why it's an issue. and i thought (though i certainly don't know enough to really argue this) that the listeria couldn't actually get into the placenta. its danger is making the mom sick, which would in turn hurt the baby.

Right, but what she was saying is if you don't get it, the baby won't either, so unless you are exposed (ie there's a listeria outbreak) you're fine.

"The show's production company, Sony Pictures Television, has considered Matt Lauer to be his replacement for the 2016–2017 season;[8] the Today lead anchor's name is said to be at the top of SPT's list of candidates for next-generation Jeopardy! hosts, which also includes Anderson Cooper, Brian Williams, and Dan Patrick.[9]"

DP was in the running for The Price is Right.

The quinoa recipe leftcoastdeac put up a few pages back is money; i've made it before.

my three favorite things to do with it are as follows:

1c quinoa
1c vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
1c water
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small head of broccoli florets
2 cooked chopped/shredded chicken breasts
1/2 c dried cranberries
handful of shredded smoked gouda

cook the quinoa and garlic in the broth/water until the water's absorbed, fluff with fork. mix in all other ingredients. boom, done. dinner in a bowl. leftovers are delicious.

1 c quinoa
2 c water
1 can rinsed black beans
1 can rinsed corn
1 large avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
chopped cilantro to taste
juice from 1 lime
optional: shredded chicken breasts or shrimp (if i do the chicken/shrimp, i like to marinate it with cilantro, lime juice, and 1 jalepeno before cooking it).

cook the quinoa, mix everything in. again, dinner in a bowl. i make this one often with some variations, depending on what's on hand.

and lastly, 'mac & cheese'
1 c quinoa
1 c veggie broth
1 c water
shredded cheese to your liking; i probably use more than most because i love cheese
dollop of plain greek yogurt for creaminess.

cook quinoa, fluff. throw in shredded cheese and yogurt, stir until cheese is melted.

Does anyone here actually still watch the Price is Right? It's been at least a decade since I've seen an episode.

Quinoa is good, but I have to be in the mood for it. It's not something I want to eat all the time.

Quinoa is good, but I have to be in the mood for it. It's not something I want to eat all the time.

i think this would be the case for me if i ate it on its own (because this is how i feel about rice), but because i mix so much in with it i feel like i could basically eat it every night and not get tired of it because it would never taste the same.

Scheduled classes around it in college. It's not the same without Bob.

Can't imagine it would be. I've never been a huge Drew fan in general. But Bob could get away with being dirty and lecherous and a dick and people loved him for it.

How many kids spent their sick days with Bob Barker? I know I'm not the only one.

pregnancy suppresses your immune system though. that's why it's an issue. and i thought (though i certainly don't know enough to really argue this) that the listeria couldn't actually get into the placenta. its danger is making the mom sick, which would in turn hurt the baby.

It can defs get to the placenta once a mom has gotten the infection, that's what causes the stillborns iirc. And it's a fairly common bacteria in the grand scheme of things since it's so temperature resistant.

Right, but what she was saying is if you don't get it, the baby won't either, so unless you are exposed (ie there's a listeria outbreak) you're fine.

Yeah but if you do get it then you're screwed. And you're more 20x more likely to get it when you're preggo. I'd be microwaving the shit out of deli meat if I was pregnant.

i think this would be the case for me if i ate it on its own (because this is how i feel about rice), but because i mix so much in with it i feel like i could basically eat it every night and not get tired of it because it would never taste the same.

I've tried doing that too, but for some reason no matter how much I change it up it still seems like I'm eating quinoa with something else mixed in. Maybe I just need to get more creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back