• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 102: let us discuss bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We are going to DC for the Taylor Swift concert. She is going to pick my baby out of the crowd and be my daughter-in-law"

No she isn't. Just. Stop.

Another fun story when my grandmother passed away last year she died with six rings and coincidentally had 4 daughters and two daughters in law. She made it quite clear during her life that each ring was to go to a specific person.

Well my aunt decides to give each of the rings to her sister and then one to her daughter and my mom's ring went to this cousin.

Shit got real. So six months later when she gave the ring back this cousin won't shut the fuck up on Facebook about how "Its like losing my granny all over again.". No its fucking not. Just. Stop.

sounds like it's time to de-friend. You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends.

Wait so now that you're officially a Wake Student, whats your plans to deal with all that, long distance throughout your entire mid-twenties?

that sounds sucky, I feel bad for my negrep earlier. We need to support you through these trying times.

Yepzz, so much long distancing ftl.

Long distance suckity sucks. Tried it a few times but I was never very good at it.

"We are going to DC for the Taylor Swift concert. She is going to pick my baby out of the crowd and be my daughter-in-law"

No she isn't. Just. Stop.

Another fun story when my grandmother passed away last year she died with six rings and coincidentally had 4 daughters and two daughters in law. She made it quite clear during her life that each ring was to go to a specific person.

Well my aunt decides to give each of the rings to her sister and then one to her daughter and my mom's ring went to this cousin.

Shit got real. So six months later when she gave the ring back this cousin won't shut the fuck up on Facebook about how "Its like losing my granny all over again.". No its fucking not. Just. Stop.

yikes.

sounds like it's time to de-friend. You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends.

I'll just end up hiding her news feed. It would require middle east peace talk level intervention to actually defriend.

I'll just end up hiding her news feed. It would require middle east peace talk level intervention to actually defriend.

Ah, one of those family dynamics. I personally don't have that, but my wife does and it can be a real pain sometimes. We forgot to invite a couple of her cousins to our wedding since she hadn't actually seen any of them in 25 years since they moved away from the rest of the family and never came to visit. That caused a HUGE fucking problem that still isn't forgiven to this day (we've been married for 7 years now).

Long distance suckity sucks. Tried it a few times but I was never very good at it.

Haha well I already have some experience in this dept from the last relationship, and this one is actually much closer, and we had a pretty significant amount of time in the same city before the long distance came into play. Plus we're both on the academic calendar, which certainly helps (lots of time off/breaks).

Well look on the bright side, when she cheats on you you're MUCH less likely to ever know about it.

Lulz, that's not happening.

She went ballistic on my brother for "abandoning" her son the night he gave him a place to stay cab fare and the number to the cab company.

My brother was like, I went to Afghanistan and got shrapnel in my leg. Your son can handle the Fan.

For real tip though, you were only together ~6 months or so before she moved? Tough spot. Since clearly she should be the one to sacrifice, but 6 months isn't really a long enough time where its really right to ask.

For real tip though, you were only together ~6 months or so before she moved? Tough spot. Since clearly she should be the one to sacrifice, but 6 months isn't really a long enough time where its really right to ask.

Yeah, dat's true. But it was the perfect opportunity for her to get her foot in the door w/ her new profession, so I probably would have encouraged her to do it anyway while I finished school.

Driving down the interstate + texting + cigarette hanging out of mouth + several stuffed cats across the dashboard of the front car = a recipe for disaster

They were all over the place and kept crossing into the other lane.

I'm still thinking about that blog post yesterday from Hyperbole and a Half, I had heard the name before but never actually read it. What kind of stuff did she post about beforehand? I really hope she gets the help she needs and works her way through it. Another guy from Youtube that I follow for his Call of Duty videos just revealed to everyone that he was just diagnosed with depression, he looks to be in his early 30s by my guess. I think it's a positive sign that maybe people are realizing it's ok to talk about stuff like that now.

Anyone watched the miniseries Top Of the Lake? Believe it aired on the Sundance Channel.

Started it today and I'm not sure ill be able to stop.

I have 3 cousins...the oldest went to App St and dropped out 1 semester before graduating with a teaching degree to get married/move with her boyfriend/husband

The middle cousin dropped out of HS, got his GED and is currently on his second marriage and has 2 kids.

The youngest got pregnant when she was 15, dropped out of HS and is now on HER second marriage and is pregnant with her 2nd kid.

All that said, I think I might be the dumb cousin...still the only one of the 5 of us that hasn't been married or divorced or has a kid.

All my cousins are successful and I'm the only unmarried one in the family, not sure I'm as successful as any of my cousins either, but I'm the youngest. Alotta Wharton grads and E&Y partners in the group and Doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back