• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 107: taggers obsessed with titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird being in a big city where Dunkin Donuts absolutely overwhelms Starbucks. Get at me gigantic iced coffe.

to the tagger, how many times can you inceptionize that?

It's weird being in a big city where Dunkin Donuts absolutely overwhelms Starbucks. Get at me gigantic iced coffe.

I want to say that in Baltimore Dunkin Donuts has the slight edge. Googling city proper that statement looks to be correct, like 15-12 or something.

Boston of course is a different animal. Every single morning the times when I visited my friends up there.

Yeah Target Field is so freaking sweet.

I went to a networking breakfast shitstorm this morning at a hotel in center city. I only talked to like five people, with whom I exchanged business cards and can't conceive of ever communicating again, but the spread was INCREDIBLE. I about ate my weight in smoked salmon. They had a quail egg omelet station.

The Deloitte bro that put it on was wearing the worst suit I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Dunkin Donuts coffee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starbuck's coffee

I want to say that in Baltimore Dunkin Donuts has the slight edge. Googling city proper that statement looks to be correct, like 15-12 or something.

Interesting. Purely observational but it seemed like Starbucks were everywhere in DC yet I rarely if ever saw a Dunkin.

Interesting. Purely observational but it seemed like Starbucks were everywhere in DC yet I rarely if ever saw a Dunkin.

I'd imagine the amount of Starbucks in downtown DC would be overwhelming.

I had a mocha coolatta thing from Dunkin the other day and those things taste exactly like a chocolate milkshake. So delicious.

I had a mocha coolatta thing from Dunkin the other day and those things taste exactly like a chocolate milkshake. So delicious.

Oh man. That used to be my fav treat in high school.

thats why I stick to plain old hot coffee. Can't get hooked on the delicious treats they have. Will go iced when I'm in the mood, but fairly rarely- not one of those people that downs it all summer

lbE said:
personally, one of the things i love about tattoos is that they are with you forever... regardless of whether or not you stop running at some point, it WAS a huge part of your life for a long stretch of time. when you're 80 and a grandchild asks about a tattoo, it's clearly not expected that you're still doing whatever makes the tattoo significant. the doesn't make it any less significant.

i mean, you could go super simple with it and just get the dates of each of your marathons down your foot.

Well I'm not thinking about when I'm 80, I'm thinking about when I'm like 35 or something. Mostly now I run because I don't have much else to do, so if I ever get a relationship or a family I could see it fading away pretty quickly (I'll still exercise so I don't get fat, but I feel like it would be hard to go run for hours on hours when there is a kid waiting at home). I've had a lot of hobbies in the past that I don't do anymore, and I'm sure glad I don't have a tattoo about stamp collecting, swim team, or field hockey.

And I mean I do have big ol' feet but I've got 13 marathons + 1 ultra so far... that would be a lot of space on the foot. And the dates are not significant to me.

wakephan09 said:
Also, are you guys seriously going to get running tattoos? Those are worse than bumper stickers! Ooh cool! A marathon! An Ironman!

well guess what I even have a running bumper sticker.

$%28KGrHqR,!lIE69nGS0hjBO35S%28!1Uw~~60_35.GIF

remember when WRS and Nonny were wingmen? that was a weird time

drop the running hobby now and it will speed up the relationship process. Ain't nobody wanna date a girl who's athletically superior to them in some way, so your pool gets narrowed to like only other hardcore runners.

I would have agreed with phan until about 3-6 months ago.

We were gathered with my family, my aunt and uncle, and their sons. My aunt asked what my sisters 13.1 and 26.2 magnets on her car meant. She explained it, which then led into a discussion on the atmosphere at races. That conversation inspired my uncle who never made time to work out, to begin running. He just completed his third 5k with my sister. He's now trying to convince MtnDeac and I to start running in the 5ks as well (I run 3+ miles a day, but like watching). My sister and uncle were discussing the other night over dinner possibly running a half marathon together.

I am really hungry, but the conference breakfast doesn't start until 8...c'mon 15 min, fly.

Are you coming straight to Austin? I'm in Charlottesville now, and having the opposite breakfast problem.

I would have agreed with phan until about 3-6 months ago.

We were gathered with my family, my aunt and uncle, and their sons. My aunt asked what my sisters 13.1 and 26.2 magnets on her car meant. She explained it, which then led into a discussion on the atmosphere at races. That conversation inspired my uncle who never made time to work out, to begin running. He just completed his third 5k with my sister. He's now trying to convince MtnDeac and I to start running in the 5ks as well (I run 3+ miles a day, but like watching). My sister and uncle were discussing the other night over dinner possibly running a half marathon together.

that's awesome. good for your uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back