• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 179: Attention men of Winston-Salem: The fleshlight is lubed and ready 4 action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soylent Green!!!

Nah, but scale is the way to go. You don't need a shelter per person.

Medical costs would be the biggest thing, but like a lot of stuff in medicine, a penny spent in prevention/early treatment is a dollar saved in future expensive surgery/treatment.

Soylent Green!!!

Nah, but scale is the way to go. You don't need a shelter per person.

Medical costs would be the biggest thing, but like a lot of stuff in medicine, a penny spent in prevention/early treatment is a dollar saved in future expensive surgery/treatment.

Seems like the way to go is to forget shelters. They suck, they are dangerous, and they are dehumanizing. Follow the Utah model and give people apartments.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-utah-housing-first-20150524-story.html

But that plus services still costs $11,000 a year.

It has become a go-to whenever someone bullied RTQ for wanting a dude who doesn't look like a troll and has a steady income

So true though. In a few years I will only be left with "was born and still is a man and still has functioning penis," and someone will still give me shit for being transphobic. "Stop being so closed-minded RTQ."

“Because really, when you get down to it, there are only two things that are important: that a guy is attracted to me and that he isn’t currently dating someone else,” Palermo continued. “I haven’t had to cross those off. Yet.”

It has become a go-to whenever someone bullied RTQ for wanting a dude who doesn't look like a troll and has a steady income

take it easy on the single Pit broads, it harder than it looks to just have a drink somewhere and make eye contact with people.

CT 179: In my entire life I've never found anything charming

SayHey, I firmly agree that the $4.99 Sunday chicken from HT is the best (although it's always that price at Costco, but Costco is not always convenient).

Hawk, totally always thought the same thing about hating Eric and his weasel laugh in Billy Madison and loving Josh on WW. Redemption!

Driving south on 81 now and apparently a sunny midday Monday is the right time to avoid traffic! Although as always there are a lot of trucks.

#CTcatchup

In Salt Lake City, they estimated that they spent $20,000 per chronic homeless person per year before they started their housing program, so their program saves money.

But it turned out to be the opposite: over time, Housing First has saved the government money. Homeless people are not cheap to take care of. The cost of shelters, emergency-room visits, ambulances, police, and so on quickly piles up. Lloyd Pendleton, the director of Utah’s Homeless Task Force, told me of one individual whose care one year cost nearly a million dollars, and said that, with the traditional approach, the average chronically homeless person used to cost Salt Lake City more than twenty thousand dollars a year. Putting someone into permanent housing costs the state just eight thousand dollars, and that’s after you include the cost of the case managers who work with the formerly homeless to help them adjust. The same is true elsewhere. A Colorado study found that the average homeless person cost the state forty-three thousand dollars a year, while housing that person would cost just seventeen thousand dollars.

Link

I'm all for giving housing to the homeless, but IF someone chooses to use it, then once a month they should be forced to walk through a crowd naked of as many people who choose to do so throws fruit and vegetables at them Ceresi style, you know to encourage #bootstraps and whatnot.

I was bumbling a little bit while in Charlotte, and between that and looking around (mostly in bars outside stadium because #PSF don't got PSLs) there seem to be lots of attractive women there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back