• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 67: FINISH HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
my half brother and sisters dad just offed himself 3 weeks before my sister's wedding. Was a deadbeatish dad type situation sorta/kinda but still.

for hello. My mom's first husband (me being a product of the 2nd). Thanks to all for the wishes.

for hello. My mom's first husband (me being a product of the 2nd). Thanks to all for the wishes.

OH. derp. you meant like the father of BOTH your half brother AND half sister. i'm dumb. condolences. that's terrible.

so, i've donated to the obama campaign and keep getting these emails about the dinner w/ him.
i had a dream last night that i won but it was the weekend of the marathon and i had to decline.
naturally, now i'm convinced this is going to happen.

so i come to the pit:
if you had been training for something for 18 weeks, would you give it up to dine with Barack?

If I could dine with the President without the donating stipulation... yes. It's still the President of the United States of America! Plus I can offer him tips for his next bracket. Barry picks too much chalk.

so, i've donated to the obama campaign and keep getting these emails about the dinner w/ him.
i had a dream last night that i won but it was the weekend of the marathon and i had to decline.
naturally, now i'm convinced this is going to happen.

so i come to the pit:
if you had been training for something for 18 weeks, would you give it up to dine with Barack?

Yes, I'd just run a race the next weekend or something.

You need some muscle relaxers and steroids stat. Better get that fixed before the flight. I cant imagine you'd be able to get comfortable on the flight otherwise.

The last time this happened I just dealt with it and it went away after a few days so I hadn't planning on going to the dr but I also hadn't thought about the fact that I'm flying. Not really sure what to do about this =(

No. I don't like either candidate and wouldn't go out of my way to meet them anymore than they would to meet me.

If I could dine with the President without the donating stipulation... yes. It's still the President of the United States of America! Plus I can offer him tips for his next bracket. Barry picks too much chalk.

you can enter w/out donating.

you can enter w/out donating.

Probably won't do that. I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to meet him though. Or any other President. I'd rather hang with Teddy, Dutch, Lincoln, JFK, Slick Willie, or Dollar Bill though.

I just RJKarl'd a bunch of Presidents' names.

There are plenty of people that I would do that for, but very few of them are politicians.

I donated to the RNC four years ago and get multiple emails a day about grabbing a bite with Mitt or Paul.

Best way to circumvent this contest BS?

Become REALLY REALLY rich and tell their donating staff if they want your support/wealth they can swing by your office/place next time they're in the area. CONDITIONAL: Probably wouldn't work with a sitting POTUS.

I'm watching Rambo III for the first time in like 15 years. It's such a mindfuck that we are the Russians and AQ are Rambo.

Hope the chat thread doesn't mind if I talk about my run on here, cause I'm too noobish to write on the running thread.

Did a modified fartlek today:

5 minute warm up
7:15 mile
3 minute walk
5X200 at :30
1 minute walk
5X200 hill at :45
400 at :60
5 minute cool down

Killer. I'm gonna do it twice on Thursday.

can't be too noobish, i post on the running thread all the time and have never done a fartlek. i still don't exactly know what one is, other than a very unfortunate name.

Swedish for speed work I believe. Basically just intersperses speed intervals with distance and some cool down. I have a half in < a month. Shooting for a marathon in the spring, tho it sucks to train through the winter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back