• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like how the election of Trump was supposed to signal the end of the New York Times.

i don't recall this arg being made, nor does it track. why would the election of a hyper-controversial president be bad for any media organization?

they make money off subscribers and clicks. Trump WH churned out content literally 24/7.

I've bought up all the NFTs on rj's posts only a matter of time before some reddit posters take them to the moon

what? I never heard this

who said that?

i don't recall this arg being made, nor does it track. why would the election of a hyper-controversial president be bad for any media organization?

they make money off subscribers and clicks. Trump WH churned out content literally 24/7.

Look at the stock chart. It bottomed right around election day in November 2016. People legit thought they were going out of business.

I am not making this up. If you thought Trump was going to be good for their business after election day 2016, you could have bought the stock and rode it from ~$11 to the mid-50s today. That's a nice return.

yeah, but what does that have to do with the NYT?

I'm not sure I understand the question. There were serious questions as to whether or not the New York Times could continue to exist at that point in time. Subscription levels were horrible and there were legitimate concerns about the business model of paying for news. When Trump was elected, people turned to the NYT for more liberal news coverage and the stock has gone up and to the right.

Maybe just a bad analogy?

I'm not sure I understand the question. There were serious questions as to whether or not the New York Times could continue to exist at that point in time. Subscription levels were horrible and there were legitimate concerns about the business model of paying for news. When Trump was elected, people turned to the NYT for more liberal news coverage and the stock has gone up and to the right.

Maybe just a bad analogy?

yeah, I guess I don't disagree with any of your subsequent posts, but that doesn't seem like it supports the claim "the election of Trump was supposed to signal the end of the New York Times"

whatever, doesn't matter

LXN9sxc.png

yeah, I guess I don't disagree with any of your subsequent posts, but that doesn't seem like it supports the claim "the election of Trump was supposed to signal the end of the New York Times"

whatever, doesn't matter

Yeah.

Not sure what “libertarian stock” is either.

# of americans who think that free-market principles and reduced government intervention are the solution to the country's social and economic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back