• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - It's Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
also maybe i mean critical theory that talks about Lacan's gaze/scopic objects and SHIPS

If theory is ahead of its time, it’s not going to be “useful” until people realize they need it.

Wittgenstein thought his work was generally misunderstood and that he was writing for future people who would think in an entirely different way than they did then

If theory is ahead of its time, it’s not going to be “useful” until people realize they need it.

I'm not speaking really to the accuracy or timeliness of the theory for critical theory, really just its utility for anything ever outside of the academic and salon set

xaBFk2A.png

Wittgenstein thought his work was generally misunderstood and that he was writing for future people who would think in an entirely different way than they did then

So did Nietzsche if I’m not mistaken

I don’t understand a single thing y’all are talking about. Let’s talk about how cities are planned!!!

I don’t understand a single thing y’all are talking about. Let’s talk about how cities are planned!!!
I led a research group this semester about the planning and engineering of library spaces and we talked a lot about campus spaces and the origins of the ancient universities in the designs of monasteries. We did some city talk too, especially about gendered spaces in buildings designed before the 50s and hostile architecture. Tell us more!

In the words of Mike and The Mechanics, "Every generation, blames the one before."

I have to admit that my house isn't designed for homeless people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back