• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Vermont, Threeve: I wish I could figure it out but the world's upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now to serious stuff. Is anyone else wanting WCD to start his own version of penthouse letters?

That’s about the extent of it. There is the 22 yr old Cuban stripper on the 10th floor who I could only talk to at the bar using Google translate…but being the same age as my oldest daughter was a bit of a buzz kill.

Still see her in the elevator though and she says stuff I don’t understand to me.

Our 100 pound Pyrenees mix was gently playing with a baby bird this evening. Must have fallen out of a nest. Little bigger than a golf ball and has feathers but def too young to fly. I’m traumatized as my wife refused to let us rehabilitate it. I put it in an abandoned nest above our garage but don’t see any chance it survives. If we didn’t have an infant to care for I’d be even more furious.

There’s a picture in a Richard Scarry book of a group of pigs chowing down on a big hot dog and it’s pretty fucked up

Holy f'ing shit. While waiting on my kid to brush his teeth before heading to the bus stop I checked my email that I did not check yesterday afternoon and see this

OFFICERS INVESTIGATE SUSPICIOUS BUSES ATTEMPTING TO PICK UP CHILDREN

2 different fake busses in the NOVA area tried to pick up kids.

Holy f'ing shit. While waiting on my kid to brush his teeth before heading to the bus stop I checked my email that I did not check yesterday afternoon and see this

OFFICERS INVESTIGATE SUSPICIOUS BUSES ATTEMPTING TO PICK UP CHILDREN

2 different fake busses in the NOVA area tried to pick up kids.
Not totally the same, but like 6-7 years ago one of our best friends was picked up by a fake Uber and assaulted. I've been really diligent about checking the plates on rideshares since, but apparently this guy had the Uber decals and everything and I get how you'd think it's your ride when it's dark out, you've had a few drinks, and some generic Toyota or Honda is pulling up.

All of this is to say that if it's this easy to pull off with adults and a car that maybe looks like the one you ordered, it's terrifying that there are people driving around with whole ass school buses trying to swoop up kids.

When asked about the content on the server, Cookout did not deny that there are members who have far right and racist views. He went on to described the community as "a bunch of s--- posters" who are "clinically online and spend way too much time on the internet.

If you give my son a cookie, he will cry until he also gets a cookie in his other hand. Then he smiles and runs around eating cookies out of both hands.

At some point yesterday, my 4yo son took a tupperware full of cookies out of the pantry, opened it, and took single bites out of 3 different cookies (all different varieties) and then put everything away.

When I discovered this last night, I couldn't help but laugh. I had to teach him that if he's going to "sneak a treat" then he needs to finish the whole cookie and not just take bites. We know what his small bites look like. I even took one of the cookies and held it up to his mouth to show him that it was clearly him... The tooth marks and size of the bites were a perfect match.

In the end, he didn't even deny it.

"I just wanted to try each of them to see which one I liked best."

At some point yesterday, my 4yo son took a tupperware full of cookies out of the pantry, opened it, and took single bites out of 3 different cookies (all different varieties) and then put everything away.

When I discovered this last night, I couldn't help but laugh. I had to teach him that if he's going to "sneak a treat" then he needs to finish the whole cookie and not just take bites. We know what his small bites look like. I even took one of the cookies and held it up to his mouth to show him that it was clearly him... The tooth marks and size of the bites were a perfect match.

This reminds me of when my older kid tried to sneak a beer. Opened it, took a sip and put it back in the fridge, then denied it. Totally straight faced gas lighted me "Are you sure you didn't open it and forget? Sometimes you're pretty forgetful."

Was on the way to preschool this morning and for the first time noticed a store named “Wallpaper and Stuff” and I already know that’s going to nag at me all day.

I mean...i see nothing wrong with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back