• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Vermont, Threeve: I wish I could figure it out but the world's upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used packers and movers for my last two moves and my last move was 1 mile. Best money you can spend on a move.
I totally believe it. When we came back down to NC from Boston we were moving out of an 800 square foot apartment so not as bad. Still had assistance with the loading/unloading though. Now with a full house worth of stuff there’s just no way.

last 2 moves (DC to apt in Asheville, apt to our house) we've rented the truck from UHaul and gotten movers to load/unload the truck. the first time the move sort've happened last minute so couldn't get reputable movers even though I got relocation costs. so I ended up just pocketing a lot of the money they gave me.

We had our floors refinished while we’ve been on spring break. Used movers to pack up the whole house and they’re unpacking tomorrow. I basically told my wife I’m too old and have too much shit going on at work to move anything.

I've used packers and movers for my last two moves and my last move was 1 mile. Best money you can spend on a move.
Yeah our last move was only like 2.5 miles. We packed up all the random loose shit in drawers, books, whatever and packed our clothes, but they did the rest. They did the whole job in probably 1/10 of the time we could have even with help from friends. They beat us to our new house by like 30 min and were almost done unloading the truck by the time we got there. Worth every penny.

Even weirder when the person on the other end of the Zoom is some 22 year old in a hoodie sitting in a gamer chair. Sitting there trying not feel like I’m Windy on a first date.
i actually have a story about a first meet over facetime from the ol' dating apps

She lived about 40 minutes away so i suggested we meet over facetime first to see if it worth our time. she started drinking vodka and taking Xanax. next thing i know she is stripping down and pulling out the toys to enjoy herself.

Had to block that one....again. bat shit crazy

And I can’t afford to screw up my back heading into prime golf season.

Even weirder when the person on the other end of the Zoom is some 22 year old in a hoodie sitting in a gamer chair. Sitting there trying not feel like I’m Windy on a first date.
Why? At least you know windy closes the deal on a first date. Just gotta channel that BWE !

Moving in NYC sounds like a real pain in the ass. Talking with my friends who live there it sounds like a lot of moving companies operate 24/7 and it's not uncommon to hear something like "yeah, the movers finally showed up at 2:00 am".

can you expound upon that? Our health insurance is through an employer and isn’t an exchange plan, so in that situation how would we access ACA dental benefits?
I'm not a super expert here, but our plans we offer through our company are ACA compliant (include the ten essential health benefits, one of which is pediatric dental/vision). It might be a California thing where CA adopted the ACA provisions in state law. You might want to check with your HR person to see if your workplace plans are ACA compliant or specifically ask if the medical covers pediatric dental/vision. For example, you're looking for this language

1681495968096.png

Last edited:
Moving in NYC sounds like a real pain in the ass. Talking with my friends who live there it sounds like a lot of moving companies operate 24/7 and it's not uncommon to hear something like "yeah, the movers finally showed up at 2:00 am".
guessing buildings want you to use elevators during off hours. I know that was the case in DC when friends would move, they could do it on like Tuesdays at 9 am.

I'm not a super expert here, but our plans we offer through our company are ACA compliant (include the ten essential health benefits, one of which is pediatric dental/vision). It might be a California thing where CA adopted the ACA provisions in state law. You might want to check with your HR person to see if your workplace plans are ACA compliant or specifically ask if the medical covers pediatric dental/vision.
I know our plans are ACA compliant - they provide children’s dental coverage at a cost. I was under the impression from your post that I was paying for private coverage when public coverage was free.

The second building we lived in when I was in Boston was new so had a freight elevator you could reserve for moving and all that. Great. The first place was a fourth floor walk up brownstone with absurdly tight stairs on a one way single car width street. Awful.

guessing buildings want you to use elevators during off hours. I know that was the case in DC when friends would move, they could do it on like Tuesdays at 9 am.
I think part of it is also because a lot of buildings don't have elevators so if they need to lift stuff up and through windows from the street it's a lot easier to do it in the middle of the night.

I know our plans are ACA compliant - they provide children’s dental coverage at a cost. I was under the impression from your post that I was paying for private coverage when public coverage was free.
Yeah, most workplaces in have separate dental & vision insurance plans outside of medical and most people just add their kids to this separate plan rather than using their kids' medical, is what I was trying to convey.

It's not covid!
371e991c3c8ccf8b42f8ce14c9f56661.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back