• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - ENDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing up this bad bastard was on the table for every meal, regardless of what it was.
View attachment 1781
Yup, same here. I didn’t mention it at the time, but your post about the Sopranos being a bit too close to home really struck me too. Took me well into adulthood to understand that so much of what I grew up hearing was just total bs.

Funny story, I did the Voyage of Discovery in college (like Israeli birthright for Italian American kids) and stayed with a host family in Naples. They were eager to know what cheese we put on pasta in America, and when I said Locatelli their reaction was pretty much this:

1667185852999.gif

We were talking about this just the other day and the urban legends that transcended geography. Like the ones that everyone knew if you were high school age sometime in the 90s or 00s.

The Marilyn Manson rib one is probably at the top.

Another popular one for those of us in high school in the 2000s was that Ciara was secretly a dude. This one made teenage Frosty really confused about his sexuality.

R. Kelly being illiterate was also popular, but this might be true.

What are the other urban legends that everyone knew regardless of where you grew up?

My favorite current one that Gen Z is responsible for is that Lea Michele can't read, but the evidence for this one is OVERWHELMING.

We were talking about this just the other day and the urban legends that transcended geography. Like the ones that everyone knew if you were high school age sometime in the 90s or 00s.

The Marilyn Manson rib one is probably at the top.

Another popular one for those of us in high school in the 2000s was that Ciara was secretly a dude. This one made teenage Frosty really confused about his sexuality.

R. Kelly being illiterate was also popular, but this might be true.

What are the other urban legends that everyone knew regardless of where you grew up?
The one I remember is that one of the New Kids On the Block had to go to the hospital to get his stomach pumped because he had swallowed too much semen. Relaying that one to my dad prompted an attempt (poor, awkward, brief) at "the talk" during a car ride.

Zack Morris dying in a motorcycle crash in Italy was another one from the early 90s that seemed to have some geographical reach.

honestly if someone had asked me this morning if the Marilyn Manson thing was true, I'd probably have said "yes of course have you been living under a rock for three decades" without thinking much about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back