• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTXXXIV – We’ve got all the social media we need right here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that you or I could live where we do if we thought this. I definitely wouldn't have a lot of friends.

Of course, it's also probably explains why I post as much as I do on the ct with my pretendifriends.
Oh absolutely! Two of my best friends from high school are polar opposites on the political spectrum. One is constantly contemplating running for local office as a republican and the other works for PETA. We still get together every holiday and grill or have a poker night.

I know some really good people that I disagree with politically. I guess I'm just not a fan of the "if you're not on my team then you're an evil bad person" thing.

I get that to an extent, but also think about the James Baldwin quote, “We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.”

It’s an incredible amount of privilege to be able to dismiss and look past politics and the society that they want to create through the way they vote because it doesn’t actually affect your life.

On an equally important topic, I read this article about how chia seeds are like a brillo pad for your gut so I've been adding them to my smoothies and man my shits have never looked better. Just consistent type 4 every day.

I've had good results from flax.

On an equally important topic, I read this article about how chia seeds are like a brillo pad for your gut so I've been adding them to my smoothies and man my shits have never looked better. Just consistent type 4 every day.

I know they are good for you, but I went through a spell of using Chia seeds in yogurt and oatmeal, and they had this weird mucus quality to them.

I know they are good for you, but I went through a spell of using Chia seeds in yogurt and oatmeal, and they had this weird mucus quality to them.
yeah I think if you let them sit too long in liquid they get gooey. Blending them up in a smoothie seems to prevent that from happening.
Whoa.

What goes in your smoothies?

Mine consist of

Protein powder
Almond Milk
Fat Free Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Blueberries
Spinach
Flax

I do mixed berries, banana, wild blueberries (the tiny ones from the freezer section), peanut butter, spinach, honey, chia seeds, and oat milk

I get that to an extent, but also think about the James Baldwin quote, “We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.”

It’s an incredible amount of privilege to be able to dismiss and look past politics and the society that they want to create through the way they vote because it doesn’t actually affect your life.
Do you really believe that everyone that votes opposite of you is doing it because of oppression and denial of your right to exist?

I despise politicians for this very reason. They have become experts at marketing emotional hot buttons in order to gain power and money. I don't know most of y'all or where you're from, so I don't know the people you know. I just wonder how many "regular" people you talk to or interact with. Obviously there are people (especially on the right) that are loud and proud and super ignorant in a lot of their stances. Most of them can be seen with a giant flag on the back of their truck. I just don't think that your everyday, run of the mill, rural, blue collar, republican is this evil oppressive boogeyman that they are made out to be.

Do you really believe that everyone that votes opposite of you is doing it because of oppression and denial of your right to exist?

I despise politicians for this very reason. They have become experts at marketing emotional hot buttons in order to gain power and money. I don't know most of y'all or where you're from, so I don't know the people you know. I just wonder how many "regular" people you talk to or interact with. Obviously there are people (especially on the right) that are loud and proud and super ignorant in a lot of their stances. Most of them can be seen with a giant flag on the back of their truck. I just don't think that your everyday, run of the mill, rural, blue collar, republican is this evil oppressive boogeyman that they are made out to be.
As was said above, being tied to those that are is not a deal breaker for them so... guilty by association.

They may not be doing it BECAUSE of oppression but voting that way makes it clear that they are okay with oppression as long as it means they get lower taxes or less government regulation or whatever it is they are actually voting for

My daily post-workout:

Protein Powder - Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein (Chocolate)
Banana
Spinach
Dark Chocolate Chips

I don't think that you or I could live where we do if we thought this. I definitely wouldn't have a lot of friends.

Of course, it's also probably explains why I post as much as I do on the ct with my pretendifriends.
I know some really good people that I disagree with politically. I guess I'm just not a fan of the "if you're not on my team then you're an evil bad person" thing.
This is a good thing. The day we all live in places where Ph apparently lives, our country will get smaller and worse.

They may not be doing it BECAUSE of oppression but voting that way makes it clear that they are okay with oppression as long as it means they get lower taxes or less government regulation or whatever it is they are actually voting for
But this is where the marketing aspect comes into play. Average Joe on both sides of the isle isn't an expert on every single in depth issue. Conservative Bob has no idea that the guy that he is voting for that promises to give him a bigger portion of his own labor and a smaller central government is going to write a bill that has some fucked up racist shit on page 1346 in small print.

*Obviously Trump has changed some of this and I know lots of conservatives that absolutely despise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back