• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Bitch Slaps Buzz

There was a shot Nikita took where he didn't even look at the basket, didn't leave his feet, just flipped the ball over his head lazily like he was playing horse at practice. That told me what I needed to know. If they quit on Buzz, right or wrong, that tells me a lot about what's going on in the locker room.

What does he mean, "that is not us"

Yes it is Buzz, look in the mirror pal.

This is your team, they suck and this was just the latest blow out.

There was a shot Nikita took where he didn't even look at the basket, didn't leave his feet, just flipped the ball over his head lazily like he was playing horse at practice. That told me what I needed to know. If they quit on Buzz, right or wrong, that tells me a lot about what's going on in the locker room.

Yes, someone said in another thread that shot captured the essence of the season.

Reading that bottom part of Dan's entry about Boston College being an "upstart" and upsetting Florida State reminded me of this blurb from the ESPN preview of BC before the season started:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...lege-basketball-preview-boston-college-eagles

I'd say they've already soared past last year's Deacs, and have a chance to finish above THIS year's Deacs.

Yep. BC 2012 was worse than Wake 2011 OOC, but in-conference there's been no comparison.

Up until the NC State game, I generally thought we were playing hard and agreed a large part of our problem was lack of talent. Around then is when it looks like McKie quit and CJ was disinterested. Now the whole team has quit on Bz and on themselves. There's no reason to watch anymore.

I agreed with a lot of posters who said 2-3 weeks ago that this part of our schedule was dangerous and could really hurt this team's psyche. We just don't have the athleticism or talent level to compete with the top teams in the ACC and Top 25 in the nation. We gave NC State a run until they pulled away. Can anyone seriously look at our players and NC State's and not notice a significant talent gap? Honestly, I'm not even sure CJ woud start for State, though having 3 CJ's would be cool...

I think Buzz is trying to keep the spirits up when he knows there is a lot of sefl-doubt among a lot of our guys. As well there should be. I think a lot of guys know that they are going to be losing a lot of PT next year to freshmen.

I think the message from the coach is to stay positive and keep trying your best and trying to improve. And let's win a few of these last games against teams we can actually match up with. To be blunt, is there any PG in the ACC that wouldn't start ahead of TC? Would Nikita start for anyone else? Ty has been OK, but does he start for more than 2-3 teams? Carson? CJ and Travis probably start for half the teams, and see plenty of playing time for all but 2 of tthe others, but no one else even sniffs the floor. That is rough. Not only is it rough, but the talent gap between us and the top half of the league is VERY wide. But it will be significantly decreased, we think, in the next 2 years.

Up until the NC State game, I generally thought we were playing hard and agreed a large part of our problem was lack of talent. Around then is when it looks like McKie quit and CJ was disinterested. Now the whole team has quit on Bz and on themselves. There's no reason to watch anymore.

Do I even need to say it?

If I saw any improvement (other than Ty Walker, who is where he should have been now by the end of his Freshman year) I would be more kind in my observations. But Carson has not improved one bit this year. Chase, McKie, and TC seem to have digressed. It's hard to tell with Harris and Fields has played less than 40 minutes in 2012.

I agreed with a lot of posters who said 2-3 weeks ago that this part of our schedule was dangerous and could really hurt this team's psyche. We just don't have the athleticism or talent level to compete with the top teams in the ACC and Top 25 in the nation. We gave NC State a run until they pulled away. Can anyone seriously look at our players and NC State's and not notice a significant talent gap? Honestly, I'm not even sure CJ woud start for State, though having 3 CJ's would be cool...

I think Buzz is trying to keep the spirits up when he knows there is a lot of sefl-doubt among a lot of our guys. As well there should be. I think a lot of guys know that they are going to be losing a lot of PT next year to freshmen.

I think the message from the coach is to stay positive and keep trying your best and trying to improve. And let's win a few of these last games against teams we can actually match up with. To be blunt, is there any PG in the ACC that wouldn't start ahead of TC? Would Nikita start for anyone else? Ty has been OK, but does he start for more than 2-3 teams? Carson? CJ and Travis probably start for half the teams, and see plenty of playing time for all but 2 of tthe others, but no one else even sniffs the floor. That is rough. Not only is it rough, but the talent gap between us and the top half of the league is VERY wide. But it will be significantly decreased, we think, in the next 2 years.

Gotta give it to ya...you've really caught the Bzzzzz!

If you think we didn't try hard against State I don't know what to tell you and it's hard to take your opinion seriously. I didn't see the game last night and it doesn't sound pretty, but I thought we all knew we would get blown out. It's still sickening though. But yeah we definitely tried hard against State

If you think we didn't try hard against State I don't know what to tell you and it's hard to take your opinion seriously. I didn't see the game last night and it doesn't sound pretty, but I thought we all knew we would get blown out. It's still sickening though. But yeah we definitely tried hard against State

He might be talking about the first State game in Winston- which was atrocious. It definitely felt like the team gave up in that one.

“So we’re just going to get back on that bus and go back home and know that we’re much better than this."

This to me is as bad or worse that Wellman's "couldn't be happier" line. The open denial of the state of the program is the same, but this isn't even coachspeak. There is no reason that any sane person would say this line. "We're going to get on that bus and know that we still have plenty to work on." or "We're going to put this one behind us and start working on our next game." Sure. No problem. But when the team is under .500 and has two conference wins, I don't think there is any way that you can say it was just a fluke game.

This makes 4 games in the past two years in which Wake scored fewer than 50 points. I had to go back to 98-99 to find another season when Wake scored less than 50 twice. Since that season Wake has failed to score 50 just three times: 47-40 in a win at Richmond in 05-06, 40-62 at Duke in 06-07, and 47-51 at FSU in 09-10. 5 games in 12 years. And [Redacted] has done it 4 times in 1.5 years. Guess what. We aren't much better than that team who went to UVA. We are that team. The UVA game was just a below average game. That's all.

I'm referring to the 36 point blow at out at home in which Travis put up 2 points and has as many rebounds as turnovers. If you think they played hard in that game, its hard to your opinion seriously.

I'm referring to the 36 point blow at out at home in which Travis put up 2 points and has as many rebounds as turnovers. If you think they played hard in that game, its hard to your opinion seriously.

Oh okay thought you meant the last State game

Yep. BC 2012 was worse than Wake 2011 OOC, but in-conference there's been no comparison.

So the coach has gotten more out of his team as the season progressed, and they improved as the season went along.

Novel fucking idea, that.

(dv7 response: You know, some of the guys might think that because during an earlier game, the UNC game I believe, Jay Bilas said how Jeff [Redacted] stated to him that the players coming in next year would likely include some starters. Paraphrased.)

Our talent level is higher than BCs and we are more experienced. They improve game by game for the most part. We get worse game by game for the most part.

Make sense of that, please. And try to come up with a reason that isn't directly related to the two head coaches.

Back